New Directions for Institutional Research
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Edited By: John F. Ryan and Gloria Crisp
Online ISSN: 1536-075X
Recently Published Issues
Current Issue:Spring 2013
Volume 2013, Issue 157
Special Issue: Global Issues in Institutional Rese...
Volume 2012, Issue 156
Special Issue: Benchmarking in Institutional Resea...
Volume 2012, Issue 155
Special Issue: Refining the Focus on Faculty Diver...
Volume 2012, Issue 154
Special Issue: Multilevel Modeling Techniques and ...
Volume 2012, Issue 153
Special Issue: Data Use in the Community College
NDIR Call for Contributors
New Directions for Institutional Research (NDIR) is under the new editorship of John Ryan and Gloria Crisp. NDIR is a quarterly sourcebook published by Jossey-Bass/Wiley. Each issue focuses on a specific topic related to IR, planning, or higher education management. The editors are interested in receiving proposals from potential issue editors who identify and work with chapter contributors. Example topics (with focus on the IR audience and implications for IR) include:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- ACA – Institutional Impacts and Responses
- Budget Systems and Models
- Data Warehousing/Data Marts
- Measuring Faculty Scholarly Productivity
- TT vs. Non-TT Faculty: Trends and Impacts
- Accountability (such as the White House Scorecard)
NDIR issues are normally seven to eight chapters in length (30,000-40,000 words). Potential contributors are encouraged to read recent issues of NDIR for style/format/focus. The time frame from accepted proposals to print is approximately nine months. Those interested in exploring opportunities to publish in NDIR and/or serve as volume editors are encouraged to contact John Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently Published Articles
- Institutional Research in the Future: Challenges Within Higher Education and the Need for Excellence in Professional Practice (pages 77–90)
Angel Calderon and Charles Mathies
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/ir.20040
- Institutional Research in Emerging Countries of Southern Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa: Global Frameworks and Local Practices (pages 23–38)
Lis Lange, F. Mauricio Saavedra and Jeanine Romano
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/ir.20037
- Institutional Research in Light of Internationalization, Growth, and Competition (pages 5–22)
Barrett J. Taylor, Karen L. Webber and Gerrie J. Jacobs
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/ir.20036
- The Evolution and Practice of Institutional Research (pages 59–75)
John Taylor, Martin Hanlon and Mantz Yorke
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2013 | DOI: 10.1002/ir.20039