Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
© American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Editor-in-Chief: Levon N. Nazarian, MD
Online ISSN: 1550-9613
Aims and Scope
About the Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
The Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine (JUM) is dedicated to the rapid, accurate publication of original articles dealing with all aspects of medical ultrasound, particularly its direct application to patient care but also relevant basic science, advances in instrumentation, and biological effects. The journal is an official publication of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine and publishes articles in a variety of categories, including Original Research papers, Review Articles, Pictorial Essays, Technical Innovations, Case Series, Letters to the Editor, and more, from an international bevy of countries in a continual effort to showcase and promote advances in the ultrasound community.
Represented through these efforts are a wide variety of disciplines of ultrasound, including, but not limited to:
- Basic Science
- Breast Ultrasound
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound
- Emergency Medicine
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Gastrointestinal Ultrasound
- General and Abdominal Ultrasound
- Genitourinary Ultrasound
- Gynecologic Ultrasound
- Head and Neck Ultrasound
- High Frequency Clinical and Preclinical Imaging
- Interventional-Intraoperative Ultrasound
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Ophthalmologic Ultrasound
- Pediatric Ultrasound
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- Public Policy
- Superficial Structures
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Education
- Ultrasound in Global Health
- Urologic Ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound
As an added resource, each issue provides readers with opportunities to earn continuing medical education credits by completing tests at the end of select articles.
The JUM has increased in scope with each year and over the past decade has seen the number of manuscripts submitted for consideration nearly double while still maintaining the rigorous standards that ensure the highest quality of research presentation for subscribers. This begins with the expedient but meticulous selection process, led by Editor-in-Chief Levon N. Nazarian, MD.
Facts about the journal:
- In the past year, more than 1100 papers have been submitted for publication consideration.
- The acceptance rate is 26%.
- Original Research articles constitute 67% of the total papers submitted.
- Articles older than 12 months are available to everyone at no charge online. Current issues of the journal online are only available to AIUM members and subscribers.