Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal
© American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
Edited By: Dr. Sharon A. DeVaney
Online ISSN: 1552-3934
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Submission: Manuscripts must be submitted online at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/fcsrj. Authors will be required to set up an online account the first time they access the site.
Ethical conduct: Authors must provide assurance that only original, unpublished material is being submitted. Authors must state that the manuscript will not be submitted to another journal or conference during the time it is under review by FCSRJ.
Human subjects approval: Authors of studies involving human subjects must submit a PDF copy of the sponsoring institution’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. There are no exceptions to this requirement. Authors using publicly available secondary data must submit a letter to that effect.
Title page: The corresponding author should submit a Microsoft Word file that includes the title, the names of all authors, and the professorial rank, department, university, city and state or country for each author. Contact information (email and phone) is needed for only the corresponding author. Only one person can be designated as the corresponding author.
• The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition) should be used as a guide for manuscript preparation. The manuscript should consist of: introduction and purpose, review of literature, methodology, results or findings, and implications. Titles should be about 12 words or less. The abstract should include the problem, the participants, the methodology, and only two or three of the most important results. Abstracts should not be longer than 100 words. Include 3 to 5 keywords below the abstract.
• Submit the manuscript as a Microsoft Word file using .doc or .docx. Manuscripts should be doublespaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins. Text should be left-justified. Consult a recent issue for the format of headings. (Headings in FCSRJ vary slightly from the APA guide.) The reference list should be double spaced. If a reference has been retrieved from the Internet, the date of retrieval must be included.
• Most manuscripts should not be longer than 6,000 words which should include the abstract, the text, references, tables, and figures. If the manuscript is longer than 6,000 words, authors should contact the Editor before submission.
• Do not use footnotes. Verify that the reference list matches the citations in the text. When tables and figures are used, each table and figure should be mentioned in the text. Figures should be accompanied by a citation indicating the source.
• To facilitate blind review, please remove any personally identifying information in the manuscript. Acknowledgements for research can be added after a manuscript has been accepted.
NEW: Copyright Submission and Online Open
If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author for the paper will receive an email prompting them to login into Author Services; where via the Wiley Author Licensing Service (WALS) they will be able to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.
For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option is not selected the corresponding author will be presented with the copyright transfer agreement (CTA) to sign. The terms and conditions of the CTA can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs below:
CTA Terms and Conditions http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp
For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will have a choice of the following Creative Commons License Open Access Agreements (OAA):
Creative Commons Attribution License OAA
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License
OAA Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License OAA
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp and visit http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/details/content/12f25db4c87/Copyright--License.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust and members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal's compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.