American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: John C. Carey
Impact Factor: 2.159
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 104/167 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1552-4833
Associated Title(s): American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Recently Published Issues
Don't Miss the Latest AJMG Sequence
- 23andMe markets carrier screening service directly to consumers : Service offers results on carrier status, raises concerns among geneticists
- Children with developmental delays rarely referred to geneticists : Study finds just 5% of primary care physicians would refer infants for genetics evaluation
- Key Articles In This Issue
- Dual testing strategy in autism increases diagnostic yield : Chromosomal microarray and whole-exome sequencing combination may be best for children with multiple physical anomalies, study suggests
- Genetic counselor licensure proponents call for more states to adopt licensing laws : Benefits of licensure extend to geneticists, counselors, and patients
- Key Articles In This Issue
World Birth Defects Day - March 3rd 2016
Click here for more information
The National Human Genome Research Institute and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have partnered to support the discovery of variant genes underlying Mendelian disorders at three Centers for Mendelian Genomics. Click here for more information. See also the article Bamshad et al., “The Centers for Mendelian Genomics: A new large-scale initiative to identify the genes underlying rare Mendelian conditions” in AJMG Part A.
2015 John M. Opitz Award Winner
Congratulations to Dr. Marco Castori, the winner of the 2015 John M. Opitz Young Investigator Award, for his paper:
Nosology and inheritance pattern(s) of joint hypermobility syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, hypermobility type: A study of intrafamilial and interfamilial variability in 23 Italian pedigrees
Click here for more details about the 2015 John M. Opitz Award.
Autism research in AJMG
Read these ground-breaking new reports on Autism Spectrum Disorder published in the journal:
- Autism and epistemology III: Child development, behavioral stability, and reliability of measurement
Gene S. Fisch, in AJMG Part A
- Virtual Issue: Genetics of Autism Spectrum Disorders
(A virtual issue on AJMG Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics)
- Special Issue: Autism and Intellectual Disability: Two Sides of the Same Coin
(A full issue of AJMG Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics)
Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics
The Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics virtual issue comprises prototypic articles published in AJMG over the last few decades. These types of curves are crucial as underscored throughout the series on papers in the January 2009 Special Issue of AJMG, Elements of Morphology: Standard Terminology, and more recently, in the November 2012 Special Issue of AJMG, Growth Charts in Genetic Syndromes. These articles are among the most widely read and cited in the Journal.