American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: John C. Carey
Impact Factor: 2.048
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 107/164 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1552-4833
Associated Title(s): American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Recently Published Issues
Don't Miss the Latest AJMG Sequence
- Higher prevalence of immune deficiency syndrome found in infants : Study finds nearly twice as many newborns affected by severe combined immunodeficiency than previous research had estimated
- Noninvasive prenatal testing strategy detects maple syrup urine disease in a fetus : Combination of genetic sequencing, maternal blood screening identifies single-gene mutation in vitro
Centers for Mendelian Genomics
The National Human Genome Research Institute and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have partnered to support the discovery of variant genes underlying Mendelian disorders at three Centers for Mendelian Genomics. Click here for more information. See also the article Bamshad et al., “The Centers for Mendelian Genomics: A new large-scale initiative to identify the genes underlying rare Mendelian conditions” in AJMG Part A.
Open access publishing options are available to American Journal of Medical Genetics authors! See the Author Guidelines for more details about publishing with the American Journal of Medical Genetics.
Congratulations to Dr. Noriko Miyake and Dr. Jennifer M. Kalish, the joint winners of the 2014 John M. Opitz Young Investigator Award, for their papers:
MLL2and KDM6A Mutations in Patients With Kabuki Syndrome
Bilateral Pheochromocytomas, Hemihyperplasia, and Subtle Somatic Mosaicism: The Importance of Detecting Low-Level Uniparental Disomy
Click here for more details about the award.
Autism research in AJMG
Read these ground-breaking new reports on Autism Spectrum Disorder published in the journal:
- Autism and epistemology III: Child development, behavioral stability, and reliability of measurement
Gene S. Fisch, in AJMG Part A
- Virtual Issue: Genetics of Autism Spectrum Disorders
(A virtual issue on AJMG Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics)
- Special Issue: Autism and Intellectual Disability: Two Sides of the Same Coin
(A full issue of AJMG Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics)
Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics
The Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics virtual issue comprises prototypic articles published in AJMG over the last few decades. These types of curves are crucial as underscored throughout the series on papers in the January 2009 Special Issue of AJMG, Elements of Morphology: Standard Terminology, and more recently, in the November 2012 Special Issue of AJMG, Growth Charts in Genetic Syndromes. These articles are among the most widely read and cited in the Journal.