American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: John C. Carey
Impact Factor: 2.304
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 95/161 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1552-4833
Associated Title(s): American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Special features of Part A include:
EarlyView — this service allows users to view individual articles from AJMG as soon as they are ready, before the release of the compiled print issue. These articles are complete, peer-reviewed, and citable.
Supplemental Material — available via the online edition of the Journal, this feature allows for the publication of key data presented as video clips, large sections of tabular data, program code, or electronic graphical files that are otherwise not suitable for print media.
Online Manuscript Submission and Peer Review — this service makes it very easy to submit a paper for publication in the Journal and facilitates rapid publication. For more information and detailed instructions, visit: mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ajmg-a.
Aims and Scope
The American Journal of Medical Genetics - Part A (AJMG) gives you continuous coverage of all biological and medical aspects of genetic disorders and birth defects, as well as in-depth documentation of phenotype analysis within the current context of genotype/phenotype correlations. In addition to Part A , AJMG also publishes two other parts:
- Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics , covering experimental and clinical investigations of the genetic mechanisms underlying neurologic and psychiatric disorders.
- Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics , guest-edited collections of thematic reviews of topical interest to the readership of AJMG .
As a crucial resource to physicians, medical geneticists and associated professionals, the Journal's primary purpose is to report original research in the following areas:
- Biochemical Genetics : newborn screening, carrier detection, and the metabolic dysplasia and malformation syndromes;
- Cancer Genetics and Cancer Cytogenetics : experimental and molecular approaches;
- Clinical Genetics : descriptions of new syndromes, new causal and pathogenetic insights into known syndromes, advances in genetic counseling, nosology, anthropometry, and anthropology, including dermatoglyphics;
- Clinical Molecular Genetics : linkage, mapping, and gene sequencing;
- Formal Genetics : quantitative, population, and epidemiological genetics;
- Molecular Cytogenetics : delineation of syndromes due to chromosomal aberration;
- Neuropsychiatric Genetics : reports on novel research on the genetic mechanisms underlying psychiatric and neurological disorders;
- Reproductive Genetics : prenatal diagnosis and the genetics of prenatal and perinatal death in humans.
AJMG also reports on animal models of human genetic disorders, ethical, legal and social issues, fetal genetic pathology and teratology, genetic drift, historical aspects of medical genetics, and studies of twins and twinning. The Journal focuses on the themes surrounding careful phenotype analysis by emphasizing meticulous documentation of phenotype and natural history of conditions. In addition to research articles, regular features of the Journal include clinical reports, editorials, rapid publications, and letters to the editor.
Medical and human geneticists · pediatricians · genetic counselors · population geneticists · clinical biochemists
medical genetics, cytogenetics, chromosome, congenital malformation, genetic testing, syndrome, clinical genetics, biochemical genetics, cancer genetics, clinical molecular genetics, formal genetics, molecular cytogenetics, journal, online journal, Wiley Online Library
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- Biotechnology Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Neurosciences Abstracts (ProQuest)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- SIIC Databases (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifica)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)