American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: John C. Carey
Impact Factor: 2.304
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 95/161 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1552-4833
Associated Title(s): American Journal of Medical Genetics Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics
Recently Published Issues
Don't Miss the Latest AJMG Sequence
- Genetic testing using array comparative genomic hybridization may benefit newborns with congenital heart disease : Study shows aCGH more effective at detecting potential genetic causes of CHD than other methods
- FDA-approved Next-Generation sequencing system could expand clinical genomic testing : Experts predict MiSeqDx system will make genetic testing more affordable for smaller labs
Centers for Mendelian Genomics
The National Human Genome Research Institute and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute have partnered to support the discovery of variant genes underlying Mendelian disorders at three Centers for Mendelian Genomics. Click here for more information. See also the article Bamshad et al., “The Centers for Mendelian Genomics: A new large-scale initiative to identify the genes underlying rare Mendelian conditions” in AJMG Part A.
2013 John M. Opitz Award Winner
Congratulations to Dr. Ghayda Mirzaa, the winner of the 2013 John M. Opitz Young Investigator Award for her paper, Megalencephaly-capillary malformation (MCAP) and megalencephaly-polydactyly-polymicrogyria-hydrocephalus (MPPH) syndromes: Two closely related disorders of brain overgrowth and abnormal brain and body morphogenesis, which has been made free online for a limited time.
Autism research in AJMG
Read these ground-breaking new reports on Autism Spectrum Disorder published in the journal:
- Autism and epistemology III: Child development, behavioral stability, and reliability of measurement
Gene S. Fisch, in AJMG Part A
- Virtual Issue: Genetics of Autism Spectrum Disorders
(A virtual issue on AJMG Part B: Neuropsychiatric Genetics)
- Special Issue: Autism and Intellectual Disability: Two Sides of the Same Coin
(A full issue of AJMG Part C: Seminars in Medical Genetics)
Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics
The Growth Curves for Genetic Syndromes and Physical Characteristics virtual issue comprises prototypic articles published in AJMG over the last few decades. These types of curves are crucial as underscored throughout the series on papers in the January 2009 Special Issue of AJMG, Elements of Morphology: Standard Terminology, and more recently, in the November 2012 Special Issue of AJMG, Growth Charts in Genetic Syndromes. These articles are among the most widely read and cited in the Journal.