© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Helen Castle
Online ISSN: 1554-2769
What is Architectural Design?
Founded in 1930, Architectural Design (AD) is an influential and prestigious publication. It combines the currency and topicality of a newsstand journal with the rigour and production qualities of a book. With an almost unrivalled reputation worldwide, it is consistently at the forefront of cultural thought and design.
Each title of AD is presented as a thematic volume edited by an invited guest-editor, who is an international expert in their field. Renowned for being at the leading edge of design and new technologies, AD also covers topics as diverse as: architectural history and theory, the environment, interior design, landscape architecture and urban design.
Aims and Scope
Provocative and inspirational, AD inspires theoretical, creative and technological advances. It questions the outcome of technical innovations as well as the far-reaching social, cultural and environmental challenges that present themselves today.
Having taken a pivotal role in the digital revolution in architecture in the 90s, AD provides must-have, cutting-edge content for students of architecture, academics and architects globally
Provides one of the most penetrating, insightful and in-depth views of key architectural topics today. Dares to ask why things are as they are, as well as tracing the latest trends.
One of the only truly international perspectives on architecture. It draws together worldwide architectural currents, regularly featuring work and practices from the UK, Europe, Americas, Asia and Australia.
Fully illustrated throughout in colour, AD provides an essential visual reference for architects and students.
Each issue is individually art directed and designed to visually inspire.
Architecture, Architectural history and theory, Digital, Environment, Interior design, Landscape architecture,Urban design
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Advanced Polymers Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Art Index/Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramic Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Computer & Information Systems Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- CSA Technology Research Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Arts & Humanities (Thomson Reuters)
- DAAI: Design & Applied Arts Index (ProQuest)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Engineered Materials Abstracts (ProQuest)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- ICONDA: International Construction Database (Fraunhofer IRB)
- International Aerospace Abstracts & Database (ProQuest)
- Materials Business File (ProQuest)
- METADEX (ProQuest)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)