Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Curtis A. Olson, PhD
Impact Factor: 1.361
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 14/37 (Education Scientific Disciplines); 64/89 (Health Care Sciences & Services)
Online ISSN: 1554-558X
Volume 35, Issue 3 of the Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions is the last volume of this title to be published by Wiley. Future volumes of Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions will be published by Wolters Kluwer.
For information about future volumes of Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions and guidelines to article submission, please contact the editorial manager at Wolters Kluwer.
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Continuing Education is a quarterly journal publishing articles relevant to theory, practice, and policy development for continuing education in the health sciences. The journal presents original research and essays on subjects involving the lifelong learning of professionals, with a focus on continuous quality improvement, competency assessment, and knowledge translation. It provides thoughtful advice to those who develop, conduct, and evaluate continuing education programs.
- Original Research that includes detailed methods, data, analysis, and reporting of implications for research and practice. Articles conclude with Lessons for Practice, summaries of key themes, or recommendations for application of the article's findings.
- Innovations in Continuing Education with analysis and commentary exploring contemporary issues in professional healthcare education.
- Book Reviews of key publications in healthcare planning, policy, and continuing education.
Anyone responsible for the continuing education of medical professionals
continuing education, healthcare education. health sciences, continuing education evaluation, commitment, competence, performance, continuing health practitioner, Alliance for Continuing Medical Education, Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education, Continued medical education, CME, physician training, nurse training, health professions, hospital staff education
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)