© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editors: Knut Baumann, Gerhard Ecker, Jordi Mestres, Gisbert Schneider
Online ISSN: 1868-1751
Aims and Scope
Molecular Informatics is a peer-reviewed, international forum for publication of high-quality, interdisciplinary research on all molecular aspects of bio/cheminformatics and computer-assisted molecular design. Molecular Informatics succeeded QSAR & Combinatorial Science in 2010.
Molecular Informatics presents methodological innovations that will lead to a deeper understanding of ligand-receptor interactions, macromolecular complexes, molecular networks, design concepts and processes that demonstrate how ideas and design concepts lead to molecules with a desired structure or function, preferably including experimental validation.
The journal's scope includes but is not limited to the fields of drug discovery and chemical biology, protein and nucleic acid engineering and design, the design of nanomolecular structures, strategies for modeling of macromolecular assemblies, molecular networks and systems, pharmaco- and chemogenomics, computer-assisted screening strategies, as well as novel technologies for the de novo design of biologically active molecules. As a unique feature Molecular Informatics publishes so-called "Methods Corner" review-type articles which feature important technological concepts and advances within the scope of the journal.
2014 Impact Factor: 1.647
ISSN: 1868-1751 (online).
Volume 35. 12 Issues in 2016.
Computational chemists and biologists; Medicinal, pharmaceutical, organic and biochemists; Chemical and molecular biologists; Pharmacists and pharmacologists; Drug designers; Researchers in the fields of chem/bioinformatics
Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Drug design, Virtual screening, Molecular modeling, Protein modeling, Protein engineering, Nucleic acid engineering, Pharmacogenomics, Chemogenomics, Systems biology, Small molecules, Macromolecular complexes, Molecular networks, Protein-protein interactions, QSAR
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- ChemWeb (ChemIndustry.com)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)