© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editor-in-Chief: José Oliveira; Deputy Editors: Yan Li, Guangchen Xu
Online ISSN: 1613-6829
Associated Title(s): Advanced Electronic Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Advanced Engineering Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Advanced Healthcare Materials, Advanced Materials, Advanced Materials Interfaces, Advanced Optical Materials, Advanced Science, Particle & Particle Systems Characterization
Materials Science Weekly Newsletter
Recently Published Articles
- High-Performance Flexible Organic Nano-Floating Gate Memory Devices Functionalized with Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles
Ji Hyung Jung, Sunghwan Kim, Hyeonjung Kim, Jongnam Park and Joon Hak Oh
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/smll.201501382
Novel organic nano-floating gate memory (NFGM) devices functionalized with cobalt ferrite nanoparticles (CoFe2O4 NPs) exhibit excellent electrical memory properties owing to the superb charge trap capability of CoFe2O4 NPs and the insulating nature of the oleate layer acting as an alternative tunneling dielectric layer. Flexible NFGM devices fabricated on plastic substrates show outstanding mechanical and electrical stability.
- Transmutation of Personal Glucose Meters into Portable and Highly Sensitive Microbial Pathogen Detection Platform
Zhenzhen Wang, Zhaowei Chen, Nan Gao, Jinsong Ren and Xiaogang Qu
Article first published online: 7 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/smll.201500944
Portable, low-cost, and widely available personal glucose meters are used to realize the highly sensitive detection of microbial pathogens using glucoamylase—quaternized magnetic nanoparticle conjugates. This strategy not only allows the sensitive detection of pathogens in real samples but also can inhibit the growth of bacteria, thus facilitating further applications in the clinic or even in the home.
- You have free access to this contentCancer Therapy: Facile and Scalable Synthesis of Novel Spherical Au Nanocluster Assemblies@Polyacrylic Acid/Calcium Phosphate Nanoparticles for Dual-Modal Imaging-Guided Cancer Chemotherapy (Small 26/2015) (page 3082)
Lu Li, Lingyu Zhang, Tingting Wang, Xiaotong Wu, Hong Ren, Chungang Wang and Zhongmin Su
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/smll.201570149
A scalable and reproducible approach to synthesize novel multifunctional spherical Au nanocluster assemblies is devised by T. Wang, C. Wang, and co-workers on page 3162. The assemblies are encapsulated by polyacrylic acid (PAA)/calcium phosphate (CaP) shell nanoparticles and show aggregation-enhanced fluorescence properties. The resulting core-shell nanoparticles possess a high payload of doxorubicin for pH-sensitive drug delivery for dual-modal computed tomography and in vivo fluorescence imaging-guided liver cancer chemotherapy.
- You have free access to this contentEnergy Storage: Aerosol-Assisted Heteroassembly of Oxide Nanocrystals and Carbon Nanotubes into 3D Mesoporous Composites for High-Rate Electrochemical Energy Storage (Small 26/2015) (page 3196)
Xilai Jia, Xiao Zhu, Yanhua Cheng, Zheng Chen, Guoqing Ning, Yunfeng Lu and Fei Wei
Article first published online: 6 JUL 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/smll.201570153
Heteroassembly of low-dimensional building blocks is important but challenging in various applications. On page 3135, a method using aerosol spray drying is developed by Y. Lu, F. Wei, and co-workers. Using this method, oxide nanocrystals and carbon nanotubes are assembled into three-dimensional mesoporous nanocomposites, which offer remarkable energy-storage performance. The synthesis method is facile and broadly applicable in preparing composite materials.
- You have free access to this content