Copyright © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
The EMRS Spring Conference is coming!
Recently Published Articles
- Magnetic Nanoclusters Engineered by Polymer-Controlled Self-Assembly for the Accurate Diagnosis of Atherosclerotic Plaques via Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Myeong-Hoon Kim, Bongjune Kim, Eun-Kyung Lim, Yuna Choi, Jihye Choi, Eunjung Kim, Eunji Jang, Hyo Seon Park, Jin-Suck Suh, Yong-Min Huh and Seungjoo Haam
Article first published online: 17 APR 2014 | DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201400029
Oleyl dextran (ODex) coated magnetic nanocluster (ODMC) is developed and engineered by polymer-controlled self-assembly to be used as efficient MR imaging nanoprobe of atherosclerosis. T2 relaxivity of ODMCs is highly enhanced by controlling the condition of ODex including the degree of substitution of the oleyl group and the concentration used for the synthesis of ODMCs.
- Electrospun Nanofiber Scaffolds and Plasma Polymerization: A Promising Combination Towards Complete, Stable Endothelial Lining for Vascular Grafts
Houman Savoji, Afra Hadjizadeh, Marion Maire, Abdellah Ajji, Michael R. Wertheimer and Sophie Lerouge
Article first published online: 17 APR 2014 | DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201300545
Electrospinning and plasma polymerization are combined to provide vascular graft scaffolds. These bear similarity to the extracellular matrix beneath the luminal endothelium, are mechanically compliant and biocompatible, and facilitate formation of a cofluent monolayer of endothelial cells on the lumen, one that is stable under static and shear-induced flow conditions.
- Sequential pH-Dependent Adsorption of Ionic Amphiphilic Diblock Copolymer Micelles and Choline Oxidase Onto Conductive Substrates: Toward the Design of Biosensors
Larisa V. Sigolaeva, Ulrike Günther, Dmitry V. Pergushov, Snezhana Yu. Gladyr, Ilya N. Kurochkin and Felix H. Schacher
Article first published online: 17 APR 2014 | DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201300580
Block copolymer/enzyme biosensors are prepared via electrostatically driven co-assembly. Amphiphilic diblock copolymer micelles of poly(n-butylmethacrylate)-block-poly(N,N-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate) and choline oxidase are used as building blocks to fabricate bilayer films on conductive substrates (modified graphite or gold) at different pH-values. The resulting hybrid thin-films represent highly active and stable biosensors for choline.
- Thiolated Eudragit-based Nanoparticles for Oral Insulin Delivery: Preparation, Characterization, and Evaluation Using Intestinal Epithelial Cells In Vitro
Yan Zhang, Xuli Du, Yu Zhang, Guofei Li, Cuifang Cai, Jinghua Xu and Xing Tang
Article first published online: 16 APR 2014 | DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201300515
Novel nanoparticles composed of Eudragit L100-cysteine (Eul-cys) and reduced glutathione (GSH) are prepared as potential nanocarriers for the oral delivery of insulin. The permeation enhancement of GSH is evaluated by Caco-2 and Caco-2/HT29-MTX co-cultured cells in vitro, which is compared to sodium caprate (SC). The results indicate that the mucus layer may be a barrier for transportation of thiolated nanoparticles, and the paracellular route may represent the main mechanism by which nanoparticles facilitate insulin permeation.
- A Smart Drug Delivery System from Charge-Conversion Polymer–Drug Conjugate for Enhancing Tumor Therapy and Tunable Drug Release (pages 485–490)
Hailong Huang, Yapeng Li, Zongpeng Sa, Yuan Sun, Yuzhen Wang and Jingyuan Wang
Article first published online: 15 APR 2014 | DOI: 10.1002/mabi.201300337
A smart drug delivery system shows dual-pH sensitive properties: extracellular pH-triggered enhanced endocytosis and intracellular pH-triggered drug release.