© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Edited By: Peter Clough, Gerrit van Duijn, Michael Eskin, Gary List, Mikhail Rabinovich
Online ISSN: 1863-5377
Concise scientific reports on hot topics in nutrition, written by John C. Stanley.
- Has the beneficial effect of fish oil on cardiovascular disease disappeared?
- Does fish oil prevent cardiac arrhythmias?
- Healthy and unhealthy body fat
- Lipid fuels for exercise
- Genetic defects in triacylglycerol and cholesterol uptake
- Myelin and multiple sclerosis uptake
- Can blood cholesterol levels be too low?
- New roles for vitamin D
- Dietary lipids may protect the retina against age-related macular degeneration
- Dietary cholesterol, blood cholesterol and cardiovascular disease
- How good is the evidence for a favourable effect of very long chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on cardiovascular disease?
- How good is the evidence for the lipid hypothesis?
- Dietary fat and the risk of having a stroke
- Stearic acid or palmitic acid as a substitute for trans fatty acids?
- The management of obesity
- The regulation of energy balance
- The impact of overweight and obesity on public health
- Confusion over different types of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids
- Monounsaturated fat and vascular function
- Why is LDL-cholesterol bad cholesterol
- Why is HDL-cholesterol good cholesterol
- The nutritional reputation of palm oil
- Tomatoes and prostate health
- Feedback inhibition of cholesterol synthesis and uptake
- The effectiveness of blood cholesterol lowering is a question of duration as well as magnitude
- Body fat and body fat distribution are different things
- Is the metabolic syndrome a useful concept
- Should we be concerned about the dietary omega-6:omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratio
- Effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on endothelial function
- The implications of recent research on trans fatty acids
- Can vitamin E supplements be harmful to human health?
- Effects of dietary lipids on insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome
- Statins and omega-3 fatty acids have comparable effects on mortality
- Do omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protect against coronary heart disease?
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase: a target for the treatment of obesity
- The mobilization and oxidation of triacylglycerol-derived fuels in the body