Journal of Biophotonics
Copyright © 2014 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editor: Jürgen Popp
Impact Factor: 3.099
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 27/75 (BIOCHEMICAL RESEARCH METHODS); 29/72 (Biophysics)
Online ISSN: 1864-0648
Associated Title(s): Laser & Photonics Reviews
- INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS: Instructions on manuscript preparation can be found here: [PDF].
- JBP WORD STYLE FILE: Authors may use the WORD template to format their manuscripts. Latex users may prepare their manuscript in a plain tex format.
- ONLINE MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION: Journal of Biophotonics operates the online submission and peer-review system ScholarOne Manuscripts which guarantees fast and safe submission of manuscripts and rapid assessment processes.
- REPRINT PERMISSIONS: Please note that if you are submitting material which has already been published elsewhere, you must submit permission in writing that this material may be reprinted in Journal of Biophotonics. You can use the Copyright Permission Request Form (pdf) for this purpose. If you want to request permission to use material published by Wiley you can use our Online Permission Request Form.
- ONLINE OPEN LICENSES, FUNDING REQUIREMENTS and COPYRIGHT
(A) For authors signing the copyright transfer agreement
If the OnlineOpen option (see (B)) is not selected, the corresponding author will sign the copyright transfer agreement (http://www.wiley.com/go/ctavchglobal). The terms and conditions of the copyright transfer agreement can be previewed in the samples associated with the Copyright FAQs: http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp .
Note to Contributors on Deposit of Accepted Version
Funder arrangements: Certain funders, including the NIH, members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) and Wellcome Trust require deposit of the Accepted Version in a repository after an embargo period. Details of funding arrangements are set out at the following website: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement .
Institutions: Wiley has arrangements with certain academic institutions to permit the deposit of the Accepted Version in the institutional repository after an embargo period. Details of such arrangements are set out at the following website: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement .
(B) For authors choosing OnlineOpen
If the OnlineOpen option is selected the corresponding author will sign the Open Access Agreement (OAA_PS_v130703.pdf) which offers a choice of the:
Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY)
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License (CC-BY_NC)
Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial -NoDerivs License (CC-BY-NC-ND)
To preview the terms and conditions of these open access agreements please visit the Copyright FAQs hosted on Wiley Author Services http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/faqs_copyright.asp and visit http://olabout.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-815641.html.
If you select the OnlineOpen option and your research is funded by The Wellcome Trust or members of the Research Councils UK (RCUK) you will be given the opportunity to publish your article under a CC-BY license supporting you in complying with Wellcome Trust and Research Councils UK requirements. For more information on this policy and the Journal’s compliant self-archiving policy please visit: http://www.wiley.com/go/funderstatement.
Any authors wishing to send their paper OnlineOpen will be required to complete the payment form available from our website at:
(C) Wiley Open Access Accounts
Wiley Open Access Accounts enable institutions and funders to pay centrally for open access articles published by their authorized authors. Upon publication, the full open access publication fee for the journal in question, minus any account discount, will be deducted from the account. Please note that Wiley Open Access Accounts cannot be used to pay for any page charges, which, if applicable, are a fee administered separately by individual journals. Authors affiliated with an organization which has a Wiley Open Access Account (listed here: http://olabout.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-420429.html) can publish research articles in a hybrid or fully open access journal published by Wiley without directly paying any open access publication charges.
IMPORTANT: If you are funded by an institution/funder and want to opt for the OnlineOpen option and make your article open access, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COLOR FIGURES and REPRINTS: Color figures will only be printed if the author is prepared to pay the cost incurred. The form to order color figures or reprints can be found here Reprint Order and Color Cost Form (see page 2 and 3)
- COVER PICTURES: The journal offers authors to have their article featured on the journal's cover page with an illustrative and eye-catching figure which graphically represents the essence of the contribution. The cover picture will be featured in the Table of Contents first place. Authors receive a high-resolution PDF file of the cover page. Cost Confirmation and Order Form can be found here. Detailed information can be found in the FAQ document.
- CROSSREF: Check your references with CrossRef
- JOURNAL ABBREVIATIONS: The most common abbreviations can be found here: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/J_Medline.txt
- ETHICAL GUIDELINES for Publication in Journals and Reviews (EuCheMS)
- Pre-Submission English-Language Editing: Authors for whom English is a second language may choose to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission to improve the English. A list of independent suppliers of editing services can be found at http://authorservices.wiley.com/bauthor/english_language.asp. Japanese authors can also find a list of local English improvement services at http://www.wiley.co.jp/journals/editcontribute.html. All services are paid for and arranged by the author, and use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication.
For additional tools visit Author Services - an enhanced suite of online tools for Wiley journal authors, featuring General Guidelines On Manuscript Preparation and Artwork, Article Tracking, E-mail Publication Alerts and Customized Research Tools.