Journal of Biophotonics
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editor: Jürgen Popp
Impact Factor: 4.343
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2011: 15/72 (BIOCHEMICAL RESEARCH METHODS); 15/74 (Biophysics)
Online ISSN: 1864-0648
Associated Title(s): Laser & Photonics Reviews
- Instructions to Authors: Instructions on manuscript preparation can be found here.
- JBP Word style file: Authors may use the style file to format their manuscripts
- Online Manuscript Submission: Journal of Biophotonics operates the online submission and peer-review system ScholarOne Manuscripts which guarantees fast and safe submission of manuscripts and rapid assessment processes.
- Copyright and Permissions: When submitting your revised or final version of the manuscript, please don’t forget to submit the Copyright Transfer Agreement and any Permissions to reproduce material from other sources (Permission Request Form).
- Color Figures and Reprints: Color figures will only be printed if the author is prepared to pay the cost incurred. The form to order color figures or reprints can be found here Reprint Order and Color Cost Form (see page 2 and 3)
- Cover Picture: The journal offers authors to have their article featured on the journal's cover page with an illustrative and eye-catching figure which graphically represents the essence of the contribution. The cover picture will be featured in the Table of Contents first place. Authors receive a high-resolution PDF file of the cover page. Cost Confirmation and Order Form can be found here.
- Pre-Submission English-Language Editing: Authors for whom English is a second language may choose to have their manuscript professionally edited before submission to improve the English. A list of independent suppliers of editing services can be found at www.blackwellpublishing.com/bauthor/english_language.asp. Japanese authors can also find a list of local English improvement services at http://www.wiley.co.jp/journals/editcontribute.html. All services are paid for and arranged by the author, and use of one of these services does not guarantee acceptance or preference for publication.
- NEW: Check your references with CrossRef
- List of journal abbreviations: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/J_Medline.txt
- Ethical Guidelines for Publication in Journals and Reviews (EuCheMS)
- OnlineOpen: Journal of Biophotonics offers an OnlineOpen service for all authors. Authors have the option of paying a fee to ensure that their articles are available to non-subscribers. For more information go to OnlineOpen.
- NIH Public Access Mandate: For those interested in the Wiley-Blackwell policy on the NIH Public Access Mandate, please visit our policy statement.
For additional tools visit Author Services - an enhanced suite of online tools for Wiley journal authors, featuring General Guidelines On Manuscript Preparation and Artwork, Article Tracking, E-mail Publication Alerts and Customized Research Tools.