© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editors: Knut Baumann, Gisbert Schneider, Associate Editors: Sourav Das, Yoshihiro Yamanishi
Online ISSN: 1868-1751
Aims and Scope
Molecular Informatics is a peer-reviewed, international forum for publication of high-quality, interdisciplinary research on all molecular aspects of bio/cheminformatics and computer-assisted molecular design. Molecular Informatics succeeded QSAR & Combinatorial Science in 2010.
Molecular Informatics presents methodological innovations that will lead to a deeper understanding of ligand-receptor interactions, macromolecular complexes, molecular networks, design concepts and processes that demonstrate how ideas and design concepts lead to molecules with a desired structure or function, preferably including experimental validation.
The journal's scope includes but is not limited to the fields of drug discovery and chemical biology, protein and nucleic acid engineering and design, the design of nanomolecular structures, strategies for modeling of macromolecular assemblies, molecular networks and systems, pharmaco- and chemogenomics, computer-assisted screening strategies, as well as novel technologies for the de novo design of biologically active molecules. As a unique feature Molecular Informatics publishes so-called "Methods Corner" review-type articles which feature important technological concepts and advances within the scope of the journal.
2014 Impact Factor: 1.647
ISSN: 1868-1751 (online).
Volume 36. 12 Issues in 2017.
Computational chemists and biologists; Medicinal, pharmaceutical, organic and biochemists; Chemical and molecular biologists; Pharmacists and pharmacologists; Drug designers; Researchers in the fields of chem/bioinformatics
Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Pharmacoinformatics, Drug design, Virtual screening, Molecular modeling, Protein modeling, Protein engineering, Nucleic acid engineering, Pharmacogenomics, Chemogenomics, Systems biology, Small molecules, Macromolecular complexes, Molecular networks, Protein-protein interactions, QSAR
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Clarivate Analytics)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- ChemWeb (ChemIndustry.com)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)