Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine: A Journal of Translational and Personalized Medicine
© Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Edited By: Penny A. Asbell, MD, FACS, MBA
Impact Factor: 1.623
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 64/154 (Medicine General & Internal)
Online ISSN: 1931-7581
Aims and Scope
Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine: A Journal of Translational & Personalized Medicine , features articles on the evolving nature of clinical care, its close linkage to bio-medical research and the resulting opportunities for enhanced patient care. The Journal has published continuously since 1934 as a general medical journal for a worldwide audience, but starting January 2007, shifts its focus to translational and personalized medicine, areas of growing medical importance and interest.
Each issue will contain review articles invited and submitted from distinguished guest authors from international institutions. In addition, the Journal will accept unsolicited articles on state of the art topics that will be subject to peer review.
The Journal will publish on a regular basis:
How I Treat : A master clinician will discuss how he/she treats a particular disease.
Prismatic Cases : A history of medicine section that elaborates how an individual patient case led to a discovery of a new disease entity or altered the direction of a major area of research.
Reviews of New Therapies, Procedures and Drugs : Objective assessments of the safety and efficacy of new drugs and treatments, surgical techniques and devices.
Dean’s Lecture Series : Mount Sinai School of Medicine’s renowned Lecture Series meant to educate on a wide variety of medical topics.
The Journal will also accept Clinicopathological Conferences, Letters to the Editors and Editorials.
Hospital medicine, internal medicine, critical care, physicians, clinical care, disease, diabetes, cardiology, pediatrics, respirology, gastroenterology, surgery, endocrinology, neurology, nephrology, hematology, general medicine, coronary, dementia, multiple sclerosis, stroke, diagnosis, asthma, pulmonology, infectious disease, hospital care, Alzheimer’s disease, obesity, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)