The Anatomical Record
© American Association of Anatomists
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
Just Published Articles
- Radiological and microsurgical anatomy for variation of the mandible: Comparative study of human and Macaca fascicularis
Joe Iwanaga, Koichi Watanabe, Tsuyoshi Saga, Yoko Tabira, Eishi Hirasaki, Christian Fisahn, R. Shane Tubbs, Jingo Kusukawa and Koh-ichi Yamaki
Accepted manuscript online: 20 MAR 2017 03:35AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23586
- A Comprehensive Study of Palate Development in Miniature Pig
Lindong Sun, Jiangyi Wang, Huina Liu, Zhipeng Fan, Songlin Wang and Juan Du
Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAR 2017 10:41AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23597
- Congenital anatomical variant of the clavicle
Joan Viciano, Vincenzo Urbani and Ruggero D'Anastasio
Accepted manuscript online: 15 MAR 2017 10:30AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23596
- You have free access to this contentKinematics of the Pelvis, Torso, and Lower Limb During Obstacle Negotiation While Under Temporal Constraints (pages 732–738)
Jesse C. Christensen, Christopher R. Wilson, Andrew S. Merryweather and K. Bo Foreman
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23554
- You have free access to this contentAllometry and Sexual Dimorphism in the Human Pelvis (pages 698–705)
Barbara Fischer and Philipp Mitteroecker
Version of Record online: 15 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23549
In the News
Crocodiles’ Super-Sensitive Face Offers Insight Into Evolutionary History
The ultra-sensitive nerves in the faces of crocodilians could help biologists understand how both modern and ancient animals interact with their environment, according to a new study in this month’s edition of The Anatomical Record.
These nerves are so sensitive that they can detect changes in a pond when a single droplet of water hits the surface several feet away. Alligators, crocodiles and other members of this reptilian order use these so-called “invisible whiskers” to detect prey while hunting, explained researchers from the University of Missouri (MU).
What's happening at AAA
Looking for a new job, want to post a position or find a career mentor? Check out our new and improved Career Mentor Network!
Check out our list of the most recent funding opportunities!