The Anatomical Record
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
Just Published Articles
- Nutrient Starvation Sensitizes Human Ovarian Cancer SKOV3 Cells to BH3 Mimetic via Modulation of Mitochondrial Dynamics
Si Wang, Ying Mao, Song Xi, Xinxue Wang and Liankun Sun
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23454
- Evolutionary Transformation of the Palmaris Longus Muscle in Flying Squirrels (Pteromyini: Sciuridae): An Anatomical Consideration of the Origin of the Uniquely Specialized Styliform Cartilage
Tomokazu Kawashima, Richard W. Thorington JR, Paula W. Bohaska and Fumi Sato
Version of Record online: 27 SEP 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23471
- You have free access to this contentAR Video Cover, November 2016 (ARV-15-0294.R1)
Kurt H. Albertine
Accepted manuscript online: 26 SEP 2016 06:11PM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23487
- Altered Mitochondrial Anatomy of Trigeminal Ganglia Neurons in Diabetes
M.C. Rusu, V.S. Mănoiu, A.D. Vrapciu, S. Hostiuc and N. Mirancea
Version of Record online: 21 SEP 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23475
- The Use of Stereology Method to Estimate the Volume of Feto-Maternal Exchange Area of the Bovine Placentome during Gestation
Folusho D. Adeyinka, Richard A. Laven, Gina de Nicolo, Kevin E. Lawrence and Timothy J. Parkinson
Version of Record online: 19 SEP 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23472
In the News
Crocodiles’ Super-Sensitive Face Offers Insight Into Evolutionary History
The ultra-sensitive nerves in the faces of crocodilians could help biologists understand how both modern and ancient animals interact with their environment, according to a new study in this month’s edition of The Anatomical Record.
These nerves are so sensitive that they can detect changes in a pond when a single droplet of water hits the surface several feet away. Alligators, crocodiles and other members of this reptilian order use these so-called “invisible whiskers” to detect prey while hunting, explained researchers from the University of Missouri (MU).
What's happening at AAA
Looking for a new job, want to post a position or find a career mentor? Check out our new and improved Career Mentor Network!
Check out our list of the most recent funding opportunities!