The Anatomical Record
© American Association of Anatomists
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
Just Published Articles
- The sacral autonomic outflow is spinal, but not “sympathetic”
Winfried Neuhuber, Elspeth McLachlan and Wilfrid Jänig
Accepted manuscript online: 25 MAR 2017 03:05AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23600
- Piecemeal mechanism combining sprouting and intussusceptive angiogenesis in intravenous papillary formation induced by PGE2 and glycerol
Lucio Díaz-Flores, Ricardo Gutiérrez, M. del Pino García, Francisco J. Sáez, Lucio Díaz-Flores Jr. and Juan F. Madrid
Accepted manuscript online: 24 MAR 2017 04:45PM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23599
- You have free access to this contentPeripheral Arteries May Be Reliable Indicators of Coronary Vascular Disease
CHRISTOPHER L. HOEHMANN, BENNETT FUTTERMAN and BRIAN LEE BEATTY
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23584
- Neuroplasticity of Supraspinal Structures Associated with Pathological Pain
PERE BOADAS-VAELLO, JUDIT HOMS, FRANCISCO REINA, ANA CARRERA and ENRIQUE VERDÚ
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23587
- An Immunohistochemical Approach to Identify the Sex of Young Marine Turtles
BORIS M. TEZAK, KATHLEEN GUTHRIE and JEANETTE WYNEKEN
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23589
In the News
Crocodiles’ Super-Sensitive Face Offers Insight Into Evolutionary History
The ultra-sensitive nerves in the faces of crocodilians could help biologists understand how both modern and ancient animals interact with their environment, according to a new study in this month’s edition of The Anatomical Record.
These nerves are so sensitive that they can detect changes in a pond when a single droplet of water hits the surface several feet away. Alligators, crocodiles and other members of this reptilian order use these so-called “invisible whiskers” to detect prey while hunting, explained researchers from the University of Missouri (MU).
What's happening at AAA
Looking for a new job, want to post a position or find a career mentor? Check out our new and improved Career Mentor Network!
Check out our list of the most recent funding opportunities!