The Anatomical Record
© American Association of Anatomists
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
Just Published Articles
- Development of the Endocrine Pancreas in the Beagle Dog: From Fetal to Adult Life
Emilie Bricout-Neveu, Severine Pechberty, Karine Reynaud, Cindy Maenhoudt, Marie José Lecomte, Philippe Ravassard and Paul Czernichow
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23595
- A Comprehensive Study of Palate Development in Miniature Pig
Lindong Sun, Jiangyi Wang, Huina Liu, Zhipeng Fan, Songlin Wang and Juan Du
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23597
- Radiological and Microsurgical Anatomy for Variation of the Mandible: Comparative Study of Human and Macaca fascicularis
Joe Iwanaga, Koichi Watanabe, Tsuyoshi Saga, Yoko Tabira, Eishi Hirasaki, Christian Fisahn, R. Shane Tubbs, Jingo Kusukawa and Koh-Ichi Yamaki
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23586
- The Brain of the Giraffe (Giraffa Camelopardalis): Surface Configuration, Encephalization Quotient, and Analysis of the Existing Literature
Jean-Marie Graïc, Antonella Peruffo, Cristina Ballarin and Bruno Cozzi
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23593
- The sacral autonomic outflow is spinal, but not “sympathetic”
Winfried Neuhuber, Elspeth McLachlan and Wilfrid Jänig
Accepted manuscript online: 25 MAR 2017 03:05AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ar.23600
In the News
Crocodiles’ Super-Sensitive Face Offers Insight Into Evolutionary History
The ultra-sensitive nerves in the faces of crocodilians could help biologists understand how both modern and ancient animals interact with their environment, according to a new study in this month’s edition of The Anatomical Record.
These nerves are so sensitive that they can detect changes in a pond when a single droplet of water hits the surface several feet away. Alligators, crocodiles and other members of this reptilian order use these so-called “invisible whiskers” to detect prey while hunting, explained researchers from the University of Missouri (MU).
What's happening at AAA
Looking for a new job, want to post a position or find a career mentor? Check out our new and improved Career Mentor Network!
Check out our list of the most recent funding opportunities!