The Anatomical Record
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
Members of the American Association of Anatomists (AAA) can access this journal online. If it is your first time accessing as a member subscriber, go to the member registration form . If you have already registered and linked your account, simply log in to enable your access.
Aims and Scope
The Anatomical Record: Advances in Integrative Anatomy and Evolutionary Biology, an official publication of the American Association of Anatomists, publishes new discoveries in the morphological aspects of molecular, cellular, systems, and evolutionary biology. The journal focuses on major new findings in the anatomical consequences of gene disruption, activation, or over expression upon cell, tissue, or organ architecture and also recognizes the importance of descriptive studies in contemporary research, particularly when framed in the context of experimental models or questions. Another important priority will be those discoveries and new advances made through the use of imaging modalities ranging from those that image real-time signaling processes to ones that image protein or gene expression in individual cells, tissues, or whole organisms. Papers are accepted dealing with functional morphology of any vertebrate organ system including those with a developmental, comparative, or evolutionary theme. The area of coverage is directed primarily to the organ or system level, where descriptive studies of normal and abnormal development become an important consideration in characterizing phenotypes. In addition, timely reviews of important topics related to Anatomy and its subdisciplines are regularly included. The criteria of acceptance of all papers are the quality of the research, its originality and significance to our readership.
The abstracts and proceedings of the annual meeting of the American Association of Anatomists is also published in The Anatomical Record. No paper that has appeared previously will be accepted nor will simultaneous publication elsewhere be allowed.
See Searching for the Anatomical Record for tips on finding the journal in PubMed, ISI Web of Knowledge and the JCR.
morphology, development, functional morphology, comparative morphology, expression patterns, gene expression, bone tissue, cardiovascular development, cardiovascular biology, neurobiology, neuroscience, imaging modalities, journal, online journal, Wiley InterScience
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- BIOBASE: Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)
- VINITI (All-Russian Institute of Science & Technological Information)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Zoological Record (Thomson Reuters)