The Anatomical Record
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals Inc.
Edited By: Kurt H. Albertine, PhD
Online ISSN: 1932-8494
AR WOW Video Article
Stay tuned for our first AR WOW Video Article, so titled because we’re wowing you with this innovation!
Anatomical Record is the first anatomy journal to showcase video in order to enrich content.
Imaging techniques on a number of anatomical procedures and step-by-step demonstrations offer detailed state-of-the-art visuals, making complex information much easier for busy researchers to comprehend.
Publishing May 2014
Morphogenesis and three-dimensional movement of the stomach during the human embryonic period
Takakuwa, Tetsuya; Kaigai, Norihito; Nako, Ami; Yamada, Shigehito; Uwabe, Chigako; Kose, Katsumi
• The paper’s figures use the ‘Kyoto Collection’ of human embryos at Kyoto University to make digital videos of reconstructed magnetic resonance images of stomachs of human fetuses (Carnegie Stages 16-23).
• The figures are primary data and are linked files in the e-publication of the paper.
• The video files will be permanent files, which is distinct from the standard approach of relegating digital video content to supplemental data files.
• As primary data, AR WOW video files will not be purged from active databases. Before AR’s publication innovation, supplemental data files were eventually purged because of high storage costs.
• All videos are peer reviewed, vetted by Editor-in-Chief Kurt Albertine and Associate Editor Bo Foreman, and flow through the journal platform, Wiley Online Library.