Copyright © 2014 American Cancer Society
Web Sites of Interest
Below is a list of Internet sites that may be of interest to the readership of CANCER and CANCER CYTOPATHOLOGY. Inclusion on this list does not imply endorsement by CANCER or the American Cancer Society.
General Oncology Information Sites
- CancerNet — Sponsored by the National Cancer Institute.
- The National Cancer Institute — The National Cancer Institute site.
- OncoLink — An oncology information website affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center
- Oncology Online — A free service for medical professionals sponsored by Oncology Therapeutics Network (registration required)
- OncoWeb — A free service provided by the European School of Oncology and Greenwich Medical Online
- PathMax — A free site designed by a pathologist for pathology education.
- SOS Europe (Sustaining Oncology Studies Europe Information Resource) — A European-based clearinghouse of oncology information with language support for English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
Associations & Organizations
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American College of Radiation Oncology / ACROnet
- American College of Surgeons: Cancer Department
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Clinical Oncology / ASCO Online
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- International Union Against Cancer (UICC: Union Internationale Contre le Cancer)
- Oncology Nursing Society
- The Paget Foundation For Paget's Disease of Bone and Related Disorders
Cancer Patient Information & Support
- American Cancer Society — The official site.
- CANSEARCH — Sponsored by the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship.
- Mediconsult.com — Consumer-oriented healthcare information on a variety of medical conditions.
Online Publications & Databases
- CANCERLIT® — A bibliographic database maintained by the National Cancer Institute.
- The Merck Manual — A searchable, online version of The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- The On-line Medical Dictionary — A searchable online medical dictionary
- PubMed MEDLINE Search — Searching of over 9 million MEDLINE citations via the National Library of Medicine's PubMed site.
Cancer CentersBelow are links to Web sites of various cancer centers in the U.S., organized by state. This list will be expanded as new sites become available.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Arizona Cancer Center
- The Alta Bates Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (UCI)
- City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute
- The Desert Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UCLA Jonnson Comprehensive Cancer Center
- USC / Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of California at San Diego Cancer Center
- The University of Colorado Cancer Center
- The Yale Cancer Center
- The Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The South Florida Comprehensive Cancer Center at Parkway
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Johns Hopkins Oncology Center
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute gopher menu
- Karmanos Cancer Institute
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Mississippi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Norris Cotton Cancer Center
- Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- The St. Vincent's Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The University of Rochester Cancer Center
- Comprehensive Cancer Center of Wake Forest University
- Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UNC-Chapel Hill Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University Hospitals Ireland Cancer Center
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Thomas Jefferson University's Kimmel Cancer Center
- University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center
- The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Vanderbilt Cancer Center
- Presbyterian Comprehensive Cancer Center
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Vermont Cancer Center
- Massey Cancer Center
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- The Lombardi Cancer Center at Georgetown University Medical Center
- University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center