Reading Research Quarterly
© 2014 International Reading Association
Recently Published Issues
Voice of Literacy
In collaboration with the editors of Reading Research Quarterly and the Journal of Literacy Research, Betsy Baker of the University of Missouri offers Voice of Literacy, bi-weekly podcast interviews with literacy researchers as they discuss the implications of their research. See the following RRQ-related podcasts, and join the online discussions:
- September 17, “U.S. Survey of Middle School Student Attitudes Toward Reading” with Mike McKenna
- October 15, “Text Complexity and the Early Grades” with Heidi Mesmer
- November 19, “Patterns of Comprehending and Learning When Reading From the Internet” with Susan Goldman
Become an IRA Member
Join IRA or renew your membership today to:
- Be inspired and recharged through new approaches to teaching literacy
- Share your challenges and successes with people just like you
- Network and find literacy leaders in your area
Call for Papers
RRQ welcomes research-oriented manuscripts that make significant contributions to advancing knowledge and understanding of reading and of literacy, broadly defined. See the Author Guidelines to submit your manuscript today!!
Ranked Among Top 10 Journals in Education!
According to Thomson Reuter's rankings of journals in the social sciences, Reading Research Quarterly ranks 10th out of 219 journals in Education and Educational Research. RRQ is also 9 out of 51 journals in Educational Psychology. RRQ received a 2012 Impact factor of 2.382.
Free IRA Cross-Journal Virtual Issues
Read cross-journal virtual issues encompassing selected articles from The Reading Teacher, Reading Research Quarterly, and the Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy. Articles have been carefully selected for their potential interest and impact on literacy scholarship and practice.