Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology
Copyright © 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Edited By: James R. Baker, Jr.
Impact Factor: 4.239
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 20/122 (Medicine Research & Experimental); 20/73 (Nanoscience & Nanotechnology)
Online ISSN: 1939-0041
WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology
- The first title in the innovative WIREs publication series
- An authoritative, encyclopedic resource addressing key topics from the perspectives of medicine, biology, physics, chemistry, and engineering
- High-quality content commissioned from expert contributors and peer-reviewed to a rigorous standard
- Now indexed by MEDLINE/PubMed, TRSI (formerly ISI), and Scopus
For more information, please go to wires.wiley.com/nanomed.
Aims and Scope
Nanotechnology is universally recognized as one of the most important scientific fields of the twenty-first century. Biomedical applications of this technology include nanobiotechnology and nanomedicine, one of seven emerging research areas highlighted by, and funded through, the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research. The advancement of this field relies on the combined efforts of researchers from many different backgrounds, including clinicians, biomedical engineers, materials scientists, applied physicists, and toxicologists. The need for a high-quality interdisciplinary review forum was pressing, and WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology looks to fill that niche.
The topical coverage of WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology includes: Toxicology and regulatory issues; Implantable materials and surgical technologies; Diagnostic tools; Nanotechnology approaches to biology; Therapeutic approaches and drug discovery; Biology-inspired nanomaterials.
Effective with the 2011 volume, WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology is published in an online-only format.
The titles in the WIREs series, launched in 2009, are cutting-edge interdisciplinary forums that combine the most powerful features of online reference works and review journals. All WIREs titles include article topics and authors selected by internationally renowned Editorial Boards, ensuring that the highest scientific and presentational standards are maintained; all content is peer-reviewed and edited by experts. New and updated reviews are constantly added, providing access to the most up-to-date information in the field. Reviews are structured into different article types:
- Opinions – provide a forum for thought-leaders to offer a more individual perspective
- Overviews – provide a broad and non-technical treatment of important topics suitable for advanced students and for researchers without a strong background in the field
- Advanced Reviews – examine key areas of research in a citation-rich format suitable for researchers and advanced students
- Focus Articles – present specific real-world issues, examples and implementations
- Editorial Commentaries – allow WIREs editors to comment on broad research trends in a less formal style
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Biotechnology Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- COMPENDEX (Elsevier)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)