Ecology and Evolution
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
All articles accepted from 14 August 2012 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. All articles accepted before this date, were published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License.
Editors-in-Chief: Allen Moore, University of Georgia, USA; Andrew Beckerman, University of Sheffield, UK; Jennifer Firn, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Impact Factor: 2.537
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 54/150 (Ecology)
Online ISSN: 2045-7758
Aims and Scope
Ecology and Evolution is the peer reviewed journal for rapid dissemination of research in all areas of ecology, evolution and conservation science. The journal gives priority to quality research reports, theoretical or empirical, that develop our understanding of organisms and their diversity, interactions between them, and the natural environment.
Ecology and Evolution gives prompt and equal consideration to papers reporting theoretical, experimental, applied and descriptive work in terrestrial and aquatic environments. The journal will consider submissions across taxa in areas including but not limited to micro and macro ecological and evolutionary processes, characteristics of and interactions between individuals, populations, communities and the environment, physiological responses to environmental change, population genetics and phylogenetics, relatedness and kin selection, life histories, systematics and taxonomy, conservation genetics, extinction, speciation, adaption, behaviour, biodiversity, species abundance, macroecology, population and ecosystem dynamics, and conservation policy.
Ecology and Evolution features original research articles, reviews, editorials, and hypotheses. Original research papers must report well-conducted research with conclusions supported by the data presented in the paper.
Ecology and Evolution publishes papers submitted directly to the journal and those referred from a select group of prestigious journals published by Wiley-Blackwell. List available here.
Ecology and Evolution is a Wiley Open Access journal, one of a new series of peer reviewed titles publishing quality research with speed and efficiency. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
Open Access and Copyright
All articles published by Ecology and Evolution are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. All Ecology and Evolution articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by Ecology and Evolution is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified. Further information about open access license and copyright can be found here.
Peer review policy
Ecology and Evolution maintains the highest standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process. All research articles published in the journal will undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are:
• All research articles submitted directly to the Journal are initially evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief; articles found appropriate for the Journal will be reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
• All publication decisions are made by the Editor-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided.
• Members of the editorial board lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editor-in-Chief generally and assist in decision making on specific submissions.
• The managing editor and editorial assistant provide administrative support to ensure Ecology and Evolution maintains the integrity of peer review and delivers rapid and efficient publication to authors and reviewers.
In addition to papers submitted directly to the journal, Ecology and Evolution will also consider papers referred from other Wiley-Blackwell journals that are participating in the Manuscript Transfer Program.
Ecology and Evolution editors will make prompt accept, reject, or request revisions decisions, based on the original peer reviews. The Ecology and Evolution editors may seek additional reviews and authors will be advised in those cases.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
Ecology and Evolution will deposit all articles into PubMed Central upon publication of an online issue. Once your article is deposited in PubMed Central, they will make it searchable on PubMed as soon as possible. The journal will be pursuing application for other appropriate abstract and indexing services to ensure wide visibility of articles published in Ecology and Evolution.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- AgBiotech News & Information (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- Agricultural Economics Database (CABI)
- Agricultural Engineering Abstracts (CABI)
- Agroforestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Animal Health & Production Compendium (CABI)
- Animal Production Database (CABI)
- Animal Science Database (CABI)
- Aquaculture Compendium (CABI)
- Biocontrol News & Information (CABI)
- Biofuels Abstracts (CABI)
- Biological Abstracts (Clarivate Analytics)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- Botanical Pesticides (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Crop Physiology Abstracts (CABI)
- Crop Protection Compendium (CABI)
- Crop Science Database (CABI)
- Current Contents: Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Environmental Impact (CABI)
- Environmental Science Database (CABI)
- Field Crop Abstracts (CABI)
- Forest Products Abstracts (CABI)
- Forest Science Database (CABI)
- Forestry Abstracts (CABI)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Grasslands & Forage Abstracts (CABI)
- Helminthological Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Database (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- InfoTree (CABI)
- Invasive Species Compendium (CABI)
- Irrigation & Drainage Abstracts (CABI)
- Leisure Tourism Database (CABI)
- Leisure, Recreation & Tourism Abstracts (CABI)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- Nematological Abstracts (CABI)
- Nutrition & Food Sciences Database (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Organic Research Database (CABI)
- Ornamental Horticulture (CABI)
- Parasitology Database (CABI)
- Pig News & Information (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetic Resources Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetics and Breeding Database (CABI)
- Plant Protection Database (CABI)
- Postharvest News & Information (CABI)
- Potato Abstracts (CABI)
- Poultry Abstracts (CABI)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Agricultural Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Review of Plant Pathology (CABI)
- Rice Abstracts (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soil Science Database (CABI)
- Soils & Fertilizers Abstracts (CABI)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Bulletin (CABI)
- Veterinary Science Database (CABI)
- VetMed Resource (CABI)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)
- Weed Abstracts (CABI)
- Wheat, Barley & Triticale Abstracts (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)
- Zoological Record (Clarivate Analytics)