© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
All articles accepted from 14 August 2012 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. All articles accepted before this date, were published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License.
Edited by Pierre Cornelis, Microbial Interactions, VIB Department of Structural Biology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Impact Factor: 2.213
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 75/119 (Microbiology)
Online ISSN: 2045-8827
Just Published Articles
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleEffects of human serum and apo-Transferrin on Staphylococcus epidermidis RP62A biofilm formation
Pengfei She, Lihua Chen, Yong Qi, Huan Xu, Yuan Liu, Yangxia Wang, Zhen Luo and Yong Wu
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/mbo3.379
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleIncreased biofilm formation ability in Klebsiella pneumoniae after short-term exposure to a simulated microgravity environment
Haili Wang, Yanfeng Yan, Dan Rong, Jing Wang, Hongduo Wang, Zizhong Liu, Jiaping Wang, Ruifu Yang and Yanping Han
Version of Record online: 16 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/mbo3.370
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleComparative analysis of the fecal bacterial community of five harbor seals (Phoca vitulina)
Daniela Numberger, Daniel P. R. Herlemann, Klaus Jürgens, Guido Dehnhardt and Heide Schulz-Vogt
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/mbo3.369
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleA new mercury-accumulating Mucor hiemalis strain EH8 from cold sulfidic spring water biofilms
Enamul Hoque and Johannes Fritscher
Version of Record online: 13 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/mbo3.368
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleThe endochitinase ChiA Btt of Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. tenebrionis DSM-2803 and its potential use to control the phytopathogen Colletotrichum gloeosporioides
Norma M. de la Fuente-Salcido, Luz E. Casados-Vázquez, Ada P. García-Pérez, Uriel E. Barboza-Pérez, Dennis K. Bideshi, Rubén Salcedo-Hernández, Blanca E. García- Almendarez and José E. Barboza-Corona
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/mbo3.372
The MicrobiologyOpen 100!
We are delighted that MicrobiologyOpen has published its 100th article!
You can read the 100th article and top articles from within our first 100 on our new MicrobiologyOpen 100 page >
Submit a paper
MicrobiologyOpen publishes top quality articles in all areas of microbial science. We would like to invite you to submit your next paper to the journal. As an author publishing with MicrobiologyOpen you benefit from:
- High standard, rigorous peer review
- Rapid publication
- Open access: articles are published under Creative Commons license (CC BY) and authors are the copyright holder
- Fully compliant with open access mandates
- Wide dissemination
- Promotion and publicity of quality research
- Wiley's tradition in publishing excellence
Wiley Open Access has a number of social media outlets where you can get updates about MicrobiologyOpen.
Meet the Editor
Editor-in-Chief: Pierre Cornelis is Professor at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Principal Investigator for the VIB Department of Structural Biology. His research focuses on the iron homeostasis in Pseudomonas bacteria and on the response to oxidative stress. Read his editorial 'Opening new perspectives on microbiology'.
MicrobiologyOpen is Supported by Leading Journals and Societies
MicrobiologyOpen is supported by other journals published by Wiley, including a number of society owned journals. The journals listed below support MicrobiologyOpen and participate in the Manuscript Transfer Program by referring articles of suitable quality and offering authors the option to have their paper, with any peer review reports, automatically transferred to MicrobiologyOpen.