Food and Energy Security
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd and the Association of Applied Biologists
All articles accepted from 15 January 2013 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License. All articles accepted before this date, were published under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License.
Edited By: Professor Martin Parry
Online ISSN: 2048-3694
Aims and Scope
Food and Energy Security is published by Wiley in association with the Association of Applied Biologists (AAB).
Food and Energy Security seeks to publish high quality and high impact original research on agricultural crop and forest productivity to improve food and energy security. It actively seeks submissions from emerging countries with expanding agricultural research communities. Papers from China, other parts of Asia, India and South America are particularly welcome. The Editorial Board, headed by Editor-in-Chief Professor Martin Parry, is determined to make FES the leading publication in its sector and will be aiming for a top-ranking impact factor.
Primary research articles should report hypothesis driven investigations that provide new insights into mechanisms and processes that determine productivity and properties for exploitation. Review articles are welcome but they must be critical in approach and provide particularly novel and far reaching insights.
Food and Energy Security offers authors a forum for the discussion of the most important advances in this field and promotes an integrative approach of scientific disciplines. Papers must contribute substantially to the advancement of knowledge.
Examples of areas covered in Food and Energy Security include:
• Biotechnological Approaches
• Breeding & Genetics
• Climate Change
• Quality and Composition
• Food Crops and Bioenergy Feedstocks
• Developmental, Physiology and Biochemistry
• Functional Genomics
• Molecular Biology
• Pest and Disease Management
• Post Harvest Biology
• Soil Science
• Systems Biology
The journal is Open Access and published online. Submission of manuscripts to Food and Energy Security is exclusively via a web-based electronic submission and tracking system enabling rapid submission to first decision times.
Before submitting a paper for publication, potential authors should first read the Author Guidelines. Instructions as to how to upload your manuscript can be found on ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Agriculture, Bioenergy, Biofuels, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Breeding, Composition, Development, Diseases, Feedstocks, Food, Food Security, Food Safety, Forestry, Functional Genomics, Genetics, Horticulture, Pests, Phenomics, Plant Architecture, Plant Biotechnology, Plant Science. Quality Traits, Secondary Metabolites, Weed Science.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Agricultural Economics Database (CABI)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Animal Production Database (CABI)
- Animal Science Database (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Environmental Impact (CABI)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Nutrition & Food Sciences Database (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Plant Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Plant Genetics and Breeding Database (CABI)
- Plant Protection Database (CABI)
- Postharvest News & Information (CABI)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Seed Abstracts (CABI)
- Soil Science Database (CABI)
- Soils & Fertilizers Abstracts (CABI)
- Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Weed Abstracts (CABI)
- Wheat, Barley & Triticale Abstracts (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)