Geoscience Data Journal
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Each article is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License
Edited By: Dr Rob Allan, Met Office, UK
Online ISSN: 2049-6060
Recently Published Issues
Meet the Editor
Dr Rob Allan joined the Met Office Hadley Centre in the UK in mid-2000 after some 10 years working in the Climate Impact Group for CSIRO's Atmospheric Research Division in Melbourne, Australia. His research foci originally centred on the El Niño Southern Oscillation phenomenon, interannual to secular scale climatic variability and climate change. At the Met Office Hadley Centre, he was responsible for the development of historical gridded global monthly mean sea level pressure (MSLP) and daily North Atlantic-European MSLP data sets back to 1850. This involved the rescue, recovery, quality control and archiving of historical global MSLP data from both terrestrial and marine sources.
Read the Editorial by Dr Rob Allan
Submit a Paper Today!
The Geoscience Data Journal provides an open access platform where scientific data can be formally published, in a way that includes scientific peer-review.
An online-only journal, the Geoscience Data Journal publishes short data papers cross-linked to, and citing, datasets that have been deposited in approved data centres.
A data paper describes a dataset, giving details of its collection, processing, software, file formats etc, without the requirement of novel analyses or ground breaking conclusions. It allows the reader to understand the when, how and why data was collected and what the data-product is.
Data Centres and Repositories
Current approved data centres or repositories include:
- 4TU.Centre for Research Data
- British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC)
- British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC)
- CISL Research Data Archive
- CSIRO Data Access Portal
- Environmental Information Data Centre (EIDC)
- National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), USA
- National Geoscience Data Centre (NGDC)
- NERC Earth Observation Data Centre (NEODC)
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
- NOAA National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC)
- NOAA National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)
- Polar Data Centre (PDC)