Immunity, Inflammation and Disease
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Each article is made available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License
Editor-in-Chief Dr. Marc Veldhoen, Institute for Molecular Medicine, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Online ISSN: 2050-4527
Aims and Scope
Immunity, Inflammation and Disease is a peer-reviewed, open access, interdisciplinary journal providing rapid publication of cutting-edge research across the broad field of immunology.Immunity, Inflammation and Disease gives rapid consideration to papers in all areas of clinical and basic research. The journal welcomes original work that enhances the understanding of immunology in areas including:
• cellular and molecular immunology
• clinical immunology
• immune signalling
• immune development
• mathematical modelling
• transplantation immunology
• cancer immunology
Original research articles, methods papers, editorials and commentaries are published. Original research papers must report well-conducted research with conclusions supported by the data presented in the paper. Immunity, Inflammation and Disease considers for publication both papers submitted directly to the journal and those referred from a select group of prestigious journals published by Wiley-Blackwell. List available here.
Open Access and Copyright
Immunity, Inflammation and Disease is a Wiley Open Access journal, one of a series of peer-reviewed titles publishing quality research with speed and efficiency. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
All articles published by Immunity, Inflammation and Disease are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. Articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by Immunity, Inflammation and Disease is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a licence to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified. Further information about open access license and copyright can be found here.
Peer review policy
Immunity, Inflammation and Disease maintains the highest standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process. All research articles published in the journal undergo full peer review, key characteristics of which are:
• All research articles are initially evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief; articles found appropriate for the journal will be reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
• All publication decisions are made by the Editor-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided.
• Members of the editorial boards lend insight, advice and guidance to the editors and assist in decision making on specific submissions.
• The internal managing editor and editorial assistant provide administrative support to ensure Immunity, Inflammation and Disease maintains the integrity of peer review and delivers rapid and efficient publication to authors and reviewers.
In addition to papers submitted directly to the journal, Immunity, Inflammation and Disease also considers papers referred from other Wiley-Blackwell journals that are participating in the Manuscript Transfer Program. The Immunity, Inflammation and Disease editors make prompt decisions on acceptance, rejection, or acceptance subject to revisions, based on the original peer review reports. The editors may seek additional reviews, in which case authors will be advised.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics)