© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
August 03, 2015
ChemPlusChem 8/2015: Singapore Golden Jubilee Issue
To mark the 50th anniversary of the founding of Singapore, the Singapore National Institute of Chemistry is hosting an international conference in August 2015. This issue of ChemPlusChem highlights contributions associated with this conference and by authors based in this city--state.
The range of chemistry and chemistry-related topics covered in this issue is quite remarkable: from the synthesis of metal--organic frameworks (cover profile) described by Wen-Hua Zhang, the improvement of microbial fuel cells detailed in a minireview by Wei Huang, the synthesis of high-nuclearity nickel complexes reported by Pierre Braustein, and the study of RNA folding dynamics probed by Gang Chen.
Join the celebration!
This special issue is free to view in August.
Recently Published Articles
- 3D Interlayers Nanohybrids Composed of Sulfamic Acid Doped PEdot Grown on Expanded Graphite for High-Performance Supercapacitors
Kan Kan, Lei Wang, Peng Yu, Wei Zhou, Ruihong Wang, Yufei Lin, Keying Shi and Honggang Fu
Accepted manuscript online: 27 AUG 2015 07:17AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500338
- One-pot Synthesis of PtSn Bimetallic Composites and Their Application as Highly Active Catalysts for Ethanol Electrooxidation
Yue Feng, Caiqin Wang, Duan Bin, Chunyang Zhai, Dr. Fangfang Ren, Prof. Ping Yang and Prof. Yukou Du
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500315
Bimetallic PtSn electrocatalysts with different atomic ratios have been fabricated by a chemical reduction in a facile manner. Electrochemical measurements reveal that Pt3Sn1 catalysts exhibit the highest efficiency and stable electrocatalytic performance towards ethanol electrooxidation in an alkaline medium (see figure).
- Effect of Treatment Methods on Chitin Structure and Its Transformation into N-containing Chemicals
Xi Chen, Yongjun Gao, Lan Wang, Hongzhang Chen and Ning Yan
Accepted manuscript online: 25 AUG 2015 04:29AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500326
- Photostable oxygen sensitive optical probe based on homonuclear terbium(III) complex covalently bonded to a phosphine oxide-functionalized polydimethylsiloxane
Rafael Di Lazaro Gaspar, Jorge H.S.K. Monteiro, Italo O Mazali, Ivo Milton Raimundo Junior and Fernando Aparecido Sigoli
Accepted manuscript online: 25 AUG 2015 04:28AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500296
- Three-dimensionally Controllable Synthesis of Multi-Channel Silica Nanotubes and their Application as Dual-Drug Carrier
Haiqing Wang, Cuirong Xiong, Zheng Li, Jin Chen, Jun Wang and Yan Kong
Accepted manuscript online: 25 AUG 2015 04:26AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500231