© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
January 26, 2016
Five Years of ChemPlusChem
This year marks the start of ChemPlusChem′s 5th year and gives us a reason to celebrate! The annual editorial features an interview with Editor-in-Chief, Marisa Spiniello, who discusses the journal′s philosophy and achievements. Also featured are several articles that reviewers rated in the top 20%. The continued success and high quality of the journal is due in no small part to generous support from all our authors, reviewers, and readers — thank you.
Recently Published Articles
- Cysteine Radical/Metal Ion Adducts: A Gas-Phase Structural Elucidation and Reactivity Study
Michael Lesslie, Dr. Justin Kai-Chi Lau, John T. Lawler, Dr. K. W. Michael Siu, Dr. Vincent Steinmetz, Dr. Philippe Maître, Dr. Alan C. Hopkinson and Dr. Victor Ryzhov
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500558
Totally radical: Gas-phase complexes of the cysteine thiyl radical with alkali metal ions remain tridentate (S,O,N) sulfur-based radical species (see figure). Meanwhile, silver ions facilitate rearrangement of the thiyl radical into other isomers.
- Switchable Room Temperature Ferroelectric Behaviour, Selective Sorption and Solvent Exchange studies in [H3O][Co2(SDBA)2 (DAT)].(H2SDBA).5H2O
Srinivasan Natarajan, Saurav Bhattacharaya and Somnath Pal
Accepted manuscript online: 11 FEB 2016 05:31AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500564
- Morphology-Dependent Activities of Silver Phosphate Nanoparticles: Visible light Water Oxidation and Dye Degradation
Prashanth Menezes, Arindam Indra, Michael Schwarze, Felix Schuster and Matthias Driess
Accepted manuscript online: 8 FEB 2016 05:36AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500538
- Controlled Synthesis of Recyclable, Porous FMO/C@TiO2 Core–Shell Nanofibers with High Adsorption and Photocatalysis Properties for the Efficient Treatment of Dye Wastewater
Dezhi Chen, Caixia Liu, Prof. Suhua Chen, Weisong Shen, Prof. Xubiao Luo and Prof. Lin Guo
Article first published online: 2 FEB 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500534
Fished out of wastewater: One-dimensional magnetic core–shell composite nanofibers with porous structures have been fabricated using organometallic compounds as templates. These composite materials were obtained using a solvothermal process and degraded the dye Congo red in a model of wastewater treatment. Furthermore, these composites could be recovered using magnets and reused.
- Hydrothermal Synthesis of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube–Zinc Manganate Nanoparticles as Anode Materials for Lithium Ion Batteries
Dr. Anjon Kumar Mondal, Dr. Hao Liu, Xiuqiang Xie, Katja Kretschmer and Prof. Guoxiu Wang
Article first published online: 2 FEB 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/cplu.201500528
Working better together: Multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT)–ZnMn2O4 nanoparticles were fabricated by a hydrothermal method without further thermal treatment. Owing to the synergistic effect and strong interactions between the MWCNTs and ZnMn2O4 nanoparticles, the MWCNT–ZnMn2O4 composite exhibited a higher specific capacity (809 mA h g−1; see figure), good rate capability and stable cycling performance compared to pristine ZnMn2O4 nanoparticles and MWCNTs.