Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry
Copyright © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Editor: Richard Threlfall; Editorial Board Chairs: Sung Ho Kang, Keiji Maruoka, Deqing Zhang
Impact Factor: 2.292
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 27/58 (Chemistry Organic)
Online ISSN: 2193-5815
Recently Published Articles
- Enantioselective Sulfa-Michael Addition to α,β-Unsaturated γ-Oxoesters Catalyzed by a Metal-Templated Chiral Brønsted Base
Xiaobing Ding, Huihua Lin, Lei Gong and Eric Meggers
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.201500033
Low loader: A chiral-at-metal octahedral iridium(III) complex serves as a low-loading chiral Brønsted base catalyst for an enantioselective Michael addition. This work highlights the manifold opportunities provided by this metal-templated design in which the metal exerts a purely structural role whereas catalysis is mediated through the organic ligand sphere (metal-templated organocatalysis).
- Ruthenium as a Single Catalyst for Two Steps: One-Pot Ruthenium(II)-Catalyzed Aerobic Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Dihydroquinazolinones and Cross-Coupling/Annulation to give N-Fused Polycyclic Heteroarenes
Rajaka Lingayya, Mari Vellakkaran, Dr. Kommu Nagaiah and Jagadeesh Babu Nanubolu
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.201500025
One catalyst fits all: One single catalyst, [RuCl2(p-cymene)]2, was used for oxidative dehydrogenation followed by cross-coupling/annulation reactions to access diversely decorated N-fused polycyclic heteroarenes from dihydroquinazolinones and alkynes. DCE=1,2-dichloroethane.
- Visible light-induced copper(I)-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition with zinc oxide semiconductor nanoparticles
Ozde Yetiskin, Sajjad Dadashi-Silab, Sher Bahadar Khan, Abdullah Mohamed Asiri and Yusuf Yagci
Accepted manuscript online: 3 MAR 2015 06:50AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.201500077
- A Unified Synthetic Strategy for Dendrodolides E, F, G, I, J, and L
Debendra K. Mohapatra, D. Prabhakar Reddy, Srinivas Gajula, Karthik Pulluri and J. S. Yadav
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.201500037
It’s a family affair: A divergent and concise total synthesis of dendrodolides E, F, G, I, J, and L is described from commercially available starting materials by Jorgensen epoxidation of trans-crotanaldehyde, asymmetric allylation (Keck and Brown allylation), Yamaguchi esterification, and finally ring-closing metathesis as key steps.
- Design and Synthesis of Chiral Binaphthol-Derived Bisphosphoric Acids and Their Application in the Catalytic Enantioselective Hydrogenation of Quinolines
Pei Wang, Yan-E Jia, Jia-Zhen Zhao, Dan Zhao, Rui Yuan and Prof. Dr. Chao-Shan Da
Article first published online: 3 MAR 2015 | DOI: 10.1002/ajoc.201500020
A little of bis, a little of that: A number of new chiral bisphosphoric acids were developed starting from (R)-BINOL. Rigid cyclic phosphamide and phosphonate components were converted into bisphosphoric acids, in contrast to the traditional BINOL-based phosphoric acids with only phosphonate motifs.