© WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
October 15, 2014
VIP: Non-Invasive Probing of Nanoparticle Electrostatics
Dr. Kristina Tschulik, Dr. Wei Cheng, Dr. Christopher Batchelor-McAuley, Stuart Murphy, Dr. Dario Omanović and Prof. Dr. Richard G. Compton
Not what you might think: A new and non-invasive technique to probe the electrostatic interaction between surface-charged nanoparticles and a charged metal/solution interface shows that electrostatic effects are insignificant in all but very dilute electrolytes.
Recently Published Articles
- Characterization of Structural and Electronic Transitions During Reduction and Oxidation of Ru(acac)3 Flow Battery Electrolytes by using X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy
Jonathan F. Kucharyson, Jason R. Gaudet, Brian M. Wyvratt and Prof. Levi T. Thompson
Version of Record online: 23 AUG 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/celc.201600360
Track changes: The structural and electronic changes of Ru(acac)3 during oxidation and reduction are characterized using bulk electrolysis and in situ X-ray absorption spectroscopy. Reduction is found to be reversible with minimal structural changes, and the electrons being stored entirely on the ruthenium. Oxidation results in a rapid side reaction as a result of electrons extracted from the ligand.
- Platinum nanoparticles on interconnected Ni3P/CNT-CNF hybrid supports with enhanced catalytic activities for fuel cells
Xin Wu, Zhen Liu, Jianhuang Zeng, Zhaohui Hou, Zhou Wuyi and Shijun Liao
Accepted manuscript online: 19 AUG 2016 09:10AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/celc.201600361
- An Electrochemical Method for the Detection of Disease Specific Exosomes
Sharda Yadav, Kseniia Boriachek, Nazmul Islam, Richard Lobb, Andreas Möller, Michelle Hill, Shahriar Hossain, Nam- Trung Nguyen and Muhammad J. A. Shiddiky
Accepted manuscript online: 19 AUG 2016 09:05AM EST | DOI: 10.1002/celc.201600391
- Ternary PtRuPd/C Catalyst for High-Performance, Low-Temperature Direct Dimethyl Ether Fuel Cells
Joseph H. Dumont, Dr. Ulises Martinez, Dr. Hoon T. Chung and Dr. Piotr Zelenay
Version of Record online: 19 AUG 2016 | DOI: 10.1002/celc.201600336
Fuel duel: A direct dimethyl ether (DME) fuel cell performance comparable to that of the state-of-the-art direct methanol fuel cells is reported, which elevates DME to a serious contender as a fuel for direct-feed fuel cells.
- Noteworthy effects of p- and n-type doping in IF-MoS on the hydrogen evolution reaction.
Manjeet Chhetri, Uttam Gupta, Lena Yadgarov, Rita Rosentsveig, Reshef Tenne and C.N.R. Rao
Accepted manuscript online: 18 AUG 2016 12:30PM EST | DOI: 10.1002/celc.201600291