Children & Society
© National Children`s Bureau
Edited By: Mary Jane Kehily, Heather Montgomery, Lindsay O'Dell and Rachel Thomson
Impact Factor: 0.833
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 19/40 (Social Work)
Online ISSN: 1099-0860
Aims and Scope
Children & Society is an international, interdisciplinary journal publishing high quality research and debate on all aspects of childhood and policies and services for children and young people.
Children & Society embraces academic research, policy and practice in relation to the health, education and welfare of children from infancy through to adulthood. The journal informs all those who work with and for children, young people and their families by publishing innovative contributions on research and practice across a broad spectrum of topics, including: theories of childhood; children's everyday lives at home, school and in the community; children's culture, rights and participation; children's health and well-being; child protection, early intervention and prevention.
We welcome top quality academic papers on these and other topics for submission to our panel of peer reviewers. Our aim is to be the journal of first choice for leading international childhood researchers and a forum for critical analysis and debate.
We especially encourage the submission of papers that develop a critical approach to children and childhood based on primary data. Review articles may be published where they make a clear contribution to knowledge.
Children & Society is a key resource for practitioners, policy-makers and scholars seeking an understanding of children and young people in contemporary societies and the issues that affect their lives.
Children & Society is published by Wiley on behalf of the National Children's Bureau, with an independent editorial board.
Chidren & Society, childhood, NCB, National Children's Bureau, children, childcare, child protection, children's rights, education, health, social welfare
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- British Education Index (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- ERA: Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Care Online (Social Care Institute for Excellence)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Social Work Abstracts (NASW Press)
- SocINDEX (EBSCO Publishing)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Studies on Women & Gender Abstracts (T&F)
- Worldwide Political Sciences Abstracts (ProQuest)