Microbiology and Immunology
© 2014 The Societies and Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Edited By: Akio Nakane, Takaji Wakita and Yasunobu Yoshikai
Impact Factor: 1.306
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 95/119 (Microbiology); 127/144 (Immunology)
Online ISSN: 1348-0421
Microbiology and Immunology is published in association with Japanese Society for Bacteriology, Japanese Society for Virology, and Japanese Society for Host Defense Research. It is peer-reviewed publication that provides insight into the study of microbes and the host immune, biological and physiological responses.
Fields covered by Microbiology and Immunology include:Bacteriology|Virology|Immunology|pathogenic infections in human, animals and plants|pathogenicity and virulence factors such as microbial toxins and cell-surface components|factors involved in host defense, inflammation, development of vaccines|antimicrobial agents and drug resistance of microbes|genomics and proteomics.
Submit your manuscript online via ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Aims and Scope
Microbiology and Immunology is a multidisciplinary journal aimed at providing insight into the study of microbes and the host immune, biological and physiological responses, and therapeutics.
The journal publishes reports of significant results as high quality original articles and notes dealing with advanced research in all fields of bacteriology, virology, and immunology, and related fields; pathogenic infections in humans, various animals including invertebrates, and plants; pathogenicity and virulence factors such as microbial toxins and cell-surface components; factors involved in host defense, inflammation, development of vaccines; antimicrobial agents and drug resistance of microbes; genomics and proteomics.
Microbiology and Immunology also features review and mini-review articles targeted broader audience, not limited to researchers in these fields.
Microbiology, immunology, bacteriology, virology, Japan, Host Defense
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Biological Abstracts (Thomson Reuters)
- BIOSIS Previews (Thomson Reuters)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Microbiology Databases (ProQuest)
- CSA Virology & AIDS Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Immunology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)