© Stichting International Foundation for Animal Genetics
Edited By: Hans Lenstra
Impact Factor: 2.207
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 3/57 (Agriculture Dairy & Animal Science); 102/167 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1365-2052
Dr. Johannes A. Lenstra is Editor-in-Chief. Read the editorial about the editors by ISAG President Ernie Bailey here.
Hans Lenstra (Utrecht University, Netherlands) has a background in chemistry and biochemistry. For forty years he has worked on the molecular evolution, eukaryotic gene structure, genome characterization and molecular diversity of livestock and wildlife.
Read the latest Editor's choice paper from Issue 46.5 (October 2015) describing an intriguing and enigmatic observation in the beta hemoglobin locus of sheep. This paper is available for free here.
Read the Editor's choice paper from Issue 46.4 (August 2015) about the identification of a mutation that suppresses horn development for free here.
Recently Published Articles
- Maternal and paternal genetic diversity of ancient sheep in Estonia from the Late Bronze Age to the post-medieval period and comparison with other regions in Eurasia
E. Rannamäe, L. Lõugas, M. Niemi, J. Kantanen, L. Maldre, N. Kadõrova and U. Saarma
Article first published online: 25 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12407
- Polyceraty (multi-horns) in Damara sheep maps to ovine chromosome 2
O. F. C Greyvenstein, C. M. Reich, E. van Marle-Koster, D. G. Riley and B. J. Hayes
Article first published online: 14 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12411
- Genome-wide association reveals the locus responsible for four-horned ruminant
James W. Kijas, Tracy Hadfield, Marina Naval Sanchez and Noelle Cockett
Article first published online: 14 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12409
- Genome-wide association studies based on sequence-derived genotypes reveal new QTL associated with conformation and performance traits in the Franches–Montagnes horse breed
M. Frischknecht, H. Signer-Hasler, T. Leeb, S. Rieder and M. Neuditschko
Article first published online: 14 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12406
- Mitochondrial DNA variation of domestic sheep (Ovis aries) in Kenya
Adriana Resende, Joana Gonçalves, Anne W. T. Muigai and Filipe Pereira
Article first published online: 13 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12412