© Stichting International Foundation for Animal Genetics
Edited By: Hans Lenstra
Impact Factor: 1.779
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 7/58 (Agriculture Dairy & Animal Science); 123/165 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1365-2052
Dr. Johannes A. Lenstra is Editor-in-Chief. Read the editorial about the editors by ISAG President Ernie Bailey here.
Hans Lenstra (Utrecht University, Netherlands) has a background in chemistry and biochemistry. For forty years he has worked on the molecular evolution, eukaryotic gene structure, genome characterization and molecular diversity of livestock and wildlife.
Read the latest Editor’s choice paper from issue 47.1 which reveals that large semiferal mammals may survive extreme inbreeding and even maintain a low level of genetic variation. The paper is available for free here.
Read the Editor's choice paper from issue 46.5 describing an intriguing and enigmatic observation in the beta hemoglobin locus of sheep. This paper is available for free here.
Read the Editor's choice paper from issue 46.4 about the identification of a mutation that suppresses horn development for free here.
Recently Published Articles
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleGenome-wide genetic variation discovery in Chinese Taihu pig breeds using next generation sequencing
Z. Wang, Q. Chen, R. Liao, Z. Zhang, X. Zhang, X. Liu, M. Zhu, W. Zhang, M. Xue, H. Yang, Y. Zheng, Q. Wang and Y. Pan
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12465
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleGO-FAANG meeting: a Gathering On Functional Annotation of Animal Genomes
Christopher K. Tuggle, Elisabetta Giuffra, Stephen N. White, Laura Clarke, Huaijun Zhou, Pablo J. Ross, Hervé Acloque, James M. Reecy, Alan Archibald, Rebecca R. Bellone, Michèle Boichard, Amanda Chamberlain, Hans Cheng, Richard P.M.A. Crooijmans, Mary E. Delany, Carrie J. Finno, Martien A. M. Groenen, Ben Hayes, Joan K. Lunney, Jessica L. Petersen, Graham S. Plastow, Carl J. Schmidt, Jiuzhou Song and Mick Watson
Version of Record online: 24 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12466
- Identification of copy number variations in three Chinese horse breeds using 70K single nucleotide polymorphism BeadChip array
Adiljan Kader, Xuexue Liu, Kunzhe Dong, Shen Song, Jianfei Pan, Min Yang, Xiaofei Chen, Xiaohong He, Lin Jiang and Yuehui Ma
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12451
- Genome-wide DNA markers to support genetic management for domestication and commercial production in a large rodent, the Ghanaian grasscutter (Thryonomys swinderianus)
C. Adenyo, R. Ogden, B. Kayang, M. Onuma, N. Nakajima and M. Inoue-Murayama
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12478
- Genetic diversity analyses reveal first insights into breed-specific selection signatures within Swiss goat breeds
A. Burren, M. Neuditschko, H. Signer-Hasler, M. Frischknecht, I. Reber, F. Menzi, C. Drögemüller and C. Flury
Version of Record online: 20 JUL 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12476