© Stichting International Foundation for Animal Genetics
Edited By: Hans Lenstra
Impact Factor: 2.207
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 3/57 (Agriculture Dairy & Animal Science); 102/167 (Genetics & Heredity)
Online ISSN: 1365-2052
Dr. Johannes A. Lenstra is Editor-in-Chief. Read the editorial about the editors by ISAG President Ernie Bailey here.
Hans Lenstra (Utrecht University, Netherlands) has a background in chemistry and biochemistry. For forty years he has worked on the molecular evolution, eukaryotic gene structure, genome characterization and molecular diversity of livestock and wildlife.
Read the latest Editor’s choice paper from issue 47.1 which reveals that large semiferal mammals may survive extreme inbreeding and even maintain a low level of genetic variation. The paper is available for free here.
Read the Editor's choice paper from issue 46.5 describing an intriguing and enigmatic observation in the beta hemoglobin locus of sheep. This paper is available for free here.
Read the Editor's choice paper from issue 46.4 about the identification of a mutation that suppresses horn development for free here.
Recently Published Articles
- Long-term selection for litter size in swine results in shifts in allelic frequency in regions involved in reproductive processes
M. D. Trenhaile, J. L. Petersen, S. D. Kachman, R. K. Johnson and D. C. Ciobanu
Version of Record online: 26 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12448
- Differential gene expression in the duodenum, jejunum and ileum among crossbred beef steers with divergent gain and feed intake phenotypes
A. K. Lindholm-Perry, A. R. Butler, R. J. Kern, R. Hill, L. A. Kuehn, J. E. Wells, W. T. Oliver, K. E. Hales, A. P. Foote and H. C. Freetly
Version of Record online: 26 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12440
- Genome-wide association study reveals novel variants for growth and egg traits in Dongxiang blue-shelled and White Leghorn chickens
R. Liao, X. Zhang, Q. Chen, Z. Wang, Q. Wang, C. Yang and Y. Pan
Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12456
- MFSD8 single-base pair deletion in a Chihuahua with neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis
Philemon Karli, Anna Oevermann, Anina Bauer, Vidhya Jagannathan and Tosso Leeb
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12449
- Inheritance of chronic superficial keratitis in Australian Greyhounds
Suvanna Cheng, Denise Wigney, Bianca Haase and Claire M. Wade
Version of Record online: 5 MAY 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/age.12446