© John Wiley & Sons Ltd, European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers and International Association of Sedimentologists.
Edited By: Cynthia Ebinger, Sebastien Castelltort, George Hilley, Chris Jackson and Andreas Mulch
Impact Factor: 3.464
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 23/173 (Geosciences Multidisciplinary)
Online ISSN: 1365-2117
Just Published Articles
- Thermal evolution and shale gas potential estimation of the Wealden and Posidonia Shale in NW-Germany and the Netherlands: a 3D basin modeling study
B. Bruns, R. Littke, M. Gasparik, J.-D. van Wees and S. Nelskamp
Accepted manuscript online: 25 NOV 2014 11:02PM EST | DOI: 10.1111/bre.12096
- Tectonics of the Xining Basin in NW China and its implications for the evolution of the NE Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau
Jin Zhang, Yannan Wang, Beihang Zhang and Yiping Zhang
Accepted manuscript online: 25 NOV 2014 07:10AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/bre.12104
- Numerical modelling of Quaternary terrace staircase formation in the Ebro foreland basin, southern Pyrenees, NE Iberia
K.M Stange, R.T Van Balen, D Garcia-Castellanos and S Cloetingh
Accepted manuscript online: 21 NOV 2014 04:43AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/bre.12103
- Structural style and evolution of a salt-influenced rift basin margin;the impact of variations in salt composition and the role of polyphase extension
Christopher A-L. Jackson and Matthew M. Lewis
Accepted manuscript online: 20 NOV 2014 10:47AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/bre.12099
- The response of a basin-scale Miocene barrier reef system to long-term, strong subsidence on a passive continental margin, Barcoo Sub-basin, Australian North West Shelf
Beke Rosleff-Soerensen, Lars Reuning, Stefan Back and Peter A. Kukla
Accepted manuscript online: 20 NOV 2014 10:45AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/bre.12100
OnlineOpen – The Open Access Option for Authors
OnlineOpen is available to authors who wish to make their article open access, free to read, download and share via Wiley Online Library.
Making your article OnlineOpen increases its potential readership and enables you to meet institutional and funder open access mandates where they apply. Authors of OnlineOpen articles may immediately post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or other free public server. OnlineOpen complies with new open access mandates from RCUK and Wellcome Trust.
Are you a Chinese author? Do you need advice on writing a paper?
This article, written by Professor Stuart Lane, editor of Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, provides excellent guidelines for Chinese authors. The article has been translated into local language for easy reading and comprehension.
Optimizing your article for search engines will greatly increase its chance of being viewed and cited in other work.
Basin Research now prints all figures in colour without charge to the author
Basin Research publishes regular Special Issues summarising state-of-the-art in a field of basin research
Basin Research Early Career Award
The Basin Research Early Career Award is NOW OPEN!
The deadline for entrants is November 1st 2014. The winner will be announced at the Student and Early Career Scientist Conference at the 2014 Fall AGU meeting.
Papers published in Basin Research in 2014 or accepted for publication in 2014, and representing work completed within three years of the completion of a degree programme, are eligible. The student must be the senior or sole author of the paper, and the content should represent largely independent work of the student, based on their own research.
If you wish to be considered for the Basin Research Early Career Award, please submit a letter with the following information, to Matthew Bentham at email@example.com:
1) Title of paper to be considered by the committee
2) Degree program for which the research was conducted
3) Date of completion of the degree
4) Name and email of supervisor(s)