iSlide: a ‘big picture’ interactive teledermatopathology e-learning system
P. Lee, C.-F. Chen, H.-T. Wan, W.-S. Jian, M.-H. Hsu, S. Syed-Abdul, C.-W. Huang, Y.-C. Huang, Y.-T. Lin, T.-J. Chen, Y.-H. Wu and Y.-C. Li
Article first published online: 11 DEC 2014 | DOI: 10.1111/bjd.13274
What's already known about this topic?
- Teledermatopathology is the application of telemedicine to dermatopathology.
- Teledermatopathology is potentially similar to face-to-face interaction in dermatopathology.
- Through the effective use of health information technology, telemedicine makes it possible for health care to be universally and pervasively accessible to all.
What does this study add?
- The iSlide system utilizes digital slides to improve training efficiency and reduces education and training costs in dermatopathology.
- The iSlide e-learning platform can integrate with social network applications such as Facebook to further enhance interactive discussions.