European Journal of Soil Science
© British Society of Soil Science
Edited By: M. Oliver
Impact Factor: 2.649
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 7/34 (Soil Science)
Online ISSN: 1365-2389
Associated Title(s): Soil Use and Management
Just Published Articles
- Seasonal dynamics of the soil microbial community: assimilation of old and young carbon sources in a long-term field experiment as revealed by natural 13C abundance
G. Börjesson, L. Menichetti, B. Thornton, C. D. Campbell and T. Kätterer
Article first published online: 23 NOV 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12309
- Effect of soil acidification on n-hexane extractable PAH fractions
B. Mahanty and C.-G. Kim
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12310
- You have full text access to this OnlineOpen articleSustainable grassland systems: a modelling perspective based on the North Wyke Farm Platform
L. Wu, X. Zhang, B. A. Griffith and T. H. Misselbrook
Article first published online: 17 NOV 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12304
- A review of chemical reactions of nitrification intermediates and their role in nitrogen cycling and nitrogen trace gas formation in soil
J. Heil, H. Vereecken and N. Brüggemann
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12306
- Three-dimensional pore structure and carbon distribution of macroaggregates in biochar-amended soil
X. Yu, C. Wu, Y. Fu, P. C. Brookes and S. Lu
Article first published online: 9 NOV 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12305
ONLINE OPEN - Wiley Open Access option
OnlineOpen – The Open Access Option for Authors
Make your article free for all to read, download, and share through OnlineOpen.
This increases the potential audience for your article, which can translate into: higher readership, increased citations and greater visibility of your work. How? You, or your funding agency or institution pays a fee of between US$2,000 and US$5,000 to make your article open access. Simply log into your Author Services account and click on the 'Make my article OnlineOpen' button next to your article.
OnlineOpen is available to authors who wish to make their article open access, free to read, download and share via Wiley Online Library. Making your article OnlineOpen increases its potential readership and enables you to meet institutional and funder open access mandates where they apply. Authors of OnlineOpen articles may immediately post the final, published PDF of their article on a website, institutional repository or other free public server. OnlineOpen complies with new open access mandates from RCUK and Wellcome Trust.
CHINESE SOIL SCIENCE: An important growing contribution of international relevance - Virtual Issue
This BSSS journals’ virtual issue includes papers in European Journal of Soil Science and Soil Use and Management, and can be accessed without cost online. The virtual issue is a collection of papers authored by Chinese soil scientists which have been published in these journals and which give a flavour of the breadth and types of research.
Excellent Reasons to Publish Your Next Paper in the European Journal of Soil Science:
• High Impact Factor: 2.649
•Fast Handling Times: average of 20 days from submission to first decision
• High Online Usage: Over 147, 000 downloads a year
• Great Author Experience: Many authors of EJSS comment about their positive experiences in the handling of their papers through the system, which encourages further submissions from their Institutes.
• Extensive Readership: available at more than 4,400 institutions worldwide plus more than 2,800 developing world institutions via philanthropic initiatives
• No Page Charges
• OnlineOpen: You can choose to make your articles open access and available free for all readers through the payment of an author fee.
• The official journal of the British Society of Soil Science
BSSS Journal Survey
We would like your views on the European Journal of Soil Science (EJSS) and Soil Use and Management (SUM) because we want to make them more relevant to you as readers and authors.
In particular, we would like to know about your experience of open access publishing. Open access means that the final published version of your paper would be free and universally accessible immediately upon publication. Both journals, the EJSS and SUM, give authors the option to publish their papers as open access.
To cover the cost of publishing open access in these journals, authors pay an article publication charge (APC) of $3,000 at present.
To access the survey please click here
This presentation was given at the Meet the Editors sessions at the WCSS in Jeju, South Korea, June 2014. Steve Jarvis and Michael J Goss met with authors at the Wiley Exhibition Stand during the conference.
Guidelines on publishing a paper within European Journal of Soil Science.
Read our SEO Guidelines for Authors document containing top tips to make your article discoverable online.
STATISTICS GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
Take a look at the guidelines document for authors
Statistics in the European Journal of Soil Science