Grass and Forage Science
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Hugh Dove and Alan Hopkins
Impact Factor: 1.922
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 19/81 (Agronomy)
Online ISSN: 1365-2494
Essential Reading for Submitting Authors
An international terminology for grazing lands and grazing animals
V.G. Allen, C. Batello, E.J. Berretta et al.
Almost 20 years ago, the first version of ‘Terminology for Grazing Lands and Grazing Animals’ was published, with the objective of ‘developing a consensus of clear definitions of terms used in the grazing of animals.’ With the continuing support of both the International Grassland Congress series and the International Rangeland Congress series, it was always the intent to expand this to a more comprehensive and truly international version. It is a pleasure to see this intent realized in Grass and Forage Science.
Authors submitting to the journal are strongly urged to regard this paper as their guide to the correct use of terminology in grazing studies.
Authors may make their final published article openly accessible by using OnlineOpen.
Recently Published Articles
- Lactic acid bacteria strains for enhancing the fermentation quality and aerobic stability of Leymus chinensis silage
Q. Zhang, X. Li, M. Zhao and Z. Yu
Article first published online: 25 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12190
- Defoliation patterns and their implications for the management of vegetative tropical pastures to control intake and diet quality by cattle
M. A. Benvenutti, D. R. Pavetti, D. P. Poppi, I. J. Gordon and C. A. Cangiano
Article first published online: 25 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12186
- Differences in the crude protein fractions of lucerne leaves and stems under different stand structures
J. Hakl, P. Fuksa, J. Konečná and J. Šantrůček
Article first published online: 7 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12192
- Potential of Cistus ladanifer L. (rockrose) in small ruminant diets – effect of season and plant age on chemical composition, in vitro digestibility and antioxidant activity
O. Guerreiro, M. T. P. Dentinho, O. C. Moreira, A. R. Guerra, P. A. B. Ramos, R. J. B. Bessa, M. F. Duarte and E. Jerónimo
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12188
- Relationships between botanical composition, yield and forage quality of permanent grasslands over the first growth cycle
D. Andueza, A. M. Rodrigues, F. Picard, N. Rossignol, R. Baumont, U. Cecato and A. Farruggia
Article first published online: 6 AUG 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/gfs.12189