Journal of Advanced Nursing
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Edited By: Roger Watson
Impact Factor: 1.477
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2011: 11/97 (Nursing (Social Science)); 12/99 (Nursing (Science))
Online ISSN: 1365-2648
Recently Published Issues
RAMESES project - publication standards published
JAN's Open Access publication option
OnlineOpen is available to authors of primary research articles who wish to make their article available to non-subscribers on publication, or whose funding agency requires grantees to archive the final version of their article. Please see OnlineOpen page for more details on this option and a full list of OnlineOpen papers published recently in JAN.
June 2013 Editorial - read for free!
In the June issue of the Journal of Advanced Nursing, read the Editorial written by Alexander M. Clark and David R. Thompson
Read this editorial for free!
Journal of Advanced Nursing would like to thank all our reviewers who looked at papers during 2012. Further information
Follow JAN on Twitter
Submit Your Paper to JAN
• High-impact forum: the world’s most cited nursing journal and with an Impact Factor of 1.477 – ranked 11th of 97 in the 2011 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report (Social Science – Nursing).
• Most read nursing journal in the world: over 3 million articles downloaded online per year and accessible in over 10,000 libraries worldwide (including over 3,500 in developing countries with free or low cost access).
• Fast and easy online submission:http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jan.
• Positive publishing experience: rapid double-blind peer review with constructive feedback.
• Rapid online publication in five weeks - average time from final manuscript arriving in production to online publication
• Online Open: the option to pay to make your article freely and openly accessible to non-subscribers upon publication on Wiley Online Library, as well as the option to deposit the article in your own or your funding agency’s preferred archive (e.g. PubMed).