Journal of Advanced Nursing
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Editor-in-Chief: Roger Watson; Editors: Robyn Gallagher, Mark Hayter, Jane Noyes, Rita Pickler & Brenda Roe
Impact Factor: 1.741
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 8/109 (Nursing (Social Science)); 10/111 (Nursing (Science))
Online ISSN: 1365-2648
The Journal of Advanced Nursing (JAN) is a world-leading international peer reviewed Journal. JAN targets readers who are committed to advancing practice and professional development on the basis of new knowledge and evidence.
View a presentation on JAN and The Publishing Process by Editor-in-Chief Roger Watson.
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Advanced Nursing (JAN) contributes to the advancement of evidence-based nursing, midwifery and healthcare by disseminating high quality research and scholarship of contemporary relevance and with potential to advance knowledge for practice, education, management or policy.
All JAN papers are required to have a sound scientific, evidential, theoretical or philosophical base and to be critical, questioning and scholarly in approach. As an international journal, JAN promotes diversity of research and scholarship in terms of culture, paradigm and healthcare context. For JAN’s worldwide readership, authors are expected to make clear the wider international relevance of their work and to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural considerations and differences.
The majority of papers in JAN are written by nurses and midwives but there are no constraints on authorship as long as papers fit with the expressed Aims and Scope.
JAN‘s intended readership includes practising nurses and midwives in all spheres and at all levels who are committed to advancing practice and professional development on the basis of new knowledge and evidence; managers and senior members of the nursing and midwifery professions; nurse educators and nursing students; and researchers in other disciplines with interest in common issues and inter-disciplinary collaboration. Papers published in JAN are increasingly cited in reviews of evidence and used by other healthcare professionals, policy-makers, commissioners and users of services to inform their decision-making and practice.
journal of advanced nursing, cancer nursing, community health care, community nursing, elderly, geriatric nursing, health promotion, home care, mental health nursing, nursing, nursing practice, nursing research, paediatrics, pediatrics, postgraduate education, primary health care, tumours, tumors.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts in Anthropology (Baywood Publishing)
- Abstracts in Social Gerontology (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AgeLine Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- AMED: Allied & Complementary Medicine Database (British Library)
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ProQuest)
- BNI: British Nursing Index (ProQuest)
- CINAHL: Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- ERA: Educational Research Abstracts Online (T&F)
- Health Source Nursing/Academic (EBSCO Publishing)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- PsycINFO/Psychological Abstracts (APA)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Studies on Women & Gender Abstracts (T&F)
- The RECAL Legacy (National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthodontics)