Journal of Advanced Nursing
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Editor-in-Chief: Roger Watson; Editors: Robyn Gallagher, Mark Hayter, Jane Noyes, Rita Pickler & Brenda Roe
Impact Factor: 1.917
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 9/114 (Nursing (Social Science)); 11/116 (Nursing (Science))
Online ISSN: 1365-2648
Last updated November 2015
JAN interactive allows JAN readers to respond to papers that have been published in the journal. Contributions to JAN interactive may be submitted by anyone (i.e. non-nurses as well as nurses). Acceptance of an entry for publication will be at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief. The author(s) of the original paper will be offered the right of first reply. These entries will be posted on JAN interactive and no further correspondence by this route will be posted. Further comment and correspondence will be by means of the 'Comment' section under the entry and will be made directly by anyone wishing to contribute. Anyone may enter comments; comments are expected to be polite and constructive, and will be moderated by the Editor-in-Chief.
Please refer to the following guidelines when preparing a JAN interactive submission:
• Maximum word length - 1000 words (plus references – normally not more than 6 in addition to the primary reference). Referencing should use the Harvard method. Please include URLs for any referenced sources that are online.
• Timescale – your response should be submitted as soon as possible after publication of the paper, ideally within a month, but a later response may be appropriate (e.g. if more recent research or publicity has addressed the same topic).
• It is helpful if the source of the contributor’s own interest in and knowledge of the subject is explained in the course of the commentary.
• Submissions to JAN interactive should be in the form of informed, constructive criticism and/or insightful comments of relevance to the readership of JAN.
• A contribution to JAN interactive should be submitted exclusively to JAN.
Please email your submission to email@example.com. Please begin your email's subject line with 'JAN interactive contribution'.
• Submission should be made in the form of a Letter to the Editor-in-Chief of JAN.
• The full reference of the paper in question should be provided at the head of the letter.
• Your name, qualifications, position and full address (including email address) should be provided at the end of the letter.
• Please send your submission as a Microsoft Word or text document.