© BLACKWELL PUBLISHING LTD
Edited By: Loren Rieseberg
Impact Factor: 5.522
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2011: 5/45 (Evolutionary Biology); 8/134 (Ecology); 47/290 (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology)
Online ISSN: 1365-294X
Associated Title(s): Molecular Ecology Resources
Recently Published Issues
Molecular Ecology Cover Gallery
View images from our cover gallery
Faculty of 1000 Coverage
Reviews on the Faculty of 1000 website
- Monitoring endangered freshwater biodiversity using environmental DNA
- A conserved haplotype controls parallel adaptation in geographically distant salmonid populations
- The Molecular Ecology paper Northern range expansion of European populations of the wasp spider Argiope bruennichi is associated with global warming–correlated genetic admixture and population-specific temperature adaptations has received coverage on the BBC website.
- The Molecular Ecology paper Carrion fly-derived DNA as a tool for comprehensive and cost-effective assessment of mammalian biodiversity has received coverage in:
Nature I The Scientist I Science Now I National Geographic
New York Times coverage - Rare Trout Survives in Just One Stream, DNA Reveals.
- Read the paper: Historical stocking data and 19th century DNA reveal human-induced changes to native diversity and distribution of cutthroat trout
Read Nature's coverage of the Special Issue, Environmental DNA:
Molecular Ecology: Free Online Forum Discussion
At the First Joint Congress on Evolutionary Biology we held a one day symposium to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Molecular Ecology.
The symposium was organised by Loren Rieseberg and Tim Vines (University of British Columbia), and showcased some of the best research in each of the fields covered by the journal, mapping out future research priorities with panel discussions.
On October 24th 2012 we held an Online Forum, facilitated by the organisers and speakers of this Symposium, to explore further discussion of the topics and talks held. Read the forum discussion for free here.
From the Cover Virtual Issue
This virtual issue of ‘From the Cover’ papers is intended to highlight many of the most high-profile papers published in Molecular Ecology over the past three years. A wide diversity of topics is represented, ranging from biodiversity monitoring using environmental DNA to analyses of feral transgenic grasses to the discovery of a cryptic crocodile species from mummy DNA. The full arsenal of molecular ecology tools is exploited, including both conventional and next generation DNA sequencing approaches, functional investigations of ecologically important genes and traits, phylogeographic analyses of the demographic history of species, and field, laboratory, and DNA sequence-based detection of natural selection.
From the Cover Articles
Our 'From the Cover' section contains papers of exceptional interest to a wide audience and that address significant questions in ecology, evolution, behaviour or conservation.
Find out more on Author Guidelines page.