© British Blood Transfusion Society
Edited By: Dr David Roberts
Impact Factor: 1.647
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 53/68 (Hematology)
Online ISSN: 1365-3148
Why read or submit to Transfusion Medicine?
Accepts articles on transfusion medicine in its widest context, including blood transfusion practice, immunohaematology, immunogenetics, histocompatibility, medico-legal applications, and related molecular biology and biotechnology.
Of relevance to practising clinicians who want practical answers
Online Submission - to submit your manuscript click here
Aims and Scope
Transfusion Medicine publishes articles on transfusion medicine in its widest context, including blood transfusion practice (blood procurement, pharmaceutical, clinical, scientific, computing and documentary aspects), immunohaematology, immunogenetics, histocompatibility, medico-legal applications, and related molecular biology and biotechnology.
In addition to original articles, which may include brief communications and case reports, the journal contains a regular educational section (based on invited reviews and state-of-the-art reports), technical section (including quality assurance and current practice guidelines), leading articles, letters to the editor, occasional historical articles and signed book reviews. Some lectures from Society meetings that are likely to be of general interest to readers of the Journal may be published at the discretion of the Editor and subject to the availability of space in the Journal.
Transfusion Medicine contains articles on the subject in its widest context, including blood transfusion practice (blood procurement, pharmaceuticals, clinical, scientific, computing and documentary aspects), immunogenetics, immuno-haematology, medico-legal applications and related molecular biology and biotechnology. Aimed at members of the BBTS which represents the majority of the UK specialists practising in this field. The membership includes consultants, scientists and laboratory technicians and non-consultant medical staff.
transfusion medicine, blood, blood disease, blood groups, blood products, blood transfusions, emergency medicine, hematology, haematology, histocompatibility, immunogenetics, immunohaematology, immunohematology, laboratory methods, molecular biology, transfusions
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- Current Contents: Life Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Health Source Nursing/Academic (EBSCO Publishing)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE (NLM)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Leisure, Recreation & Tourism Abstracts (CABI)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset (NLM)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Medical & Veterinary Mycology (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)