Development, Growth & Differentiation
© Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
Edited By: Harukazu Nakamura
Impact Factor: 2.412
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 20/41 (Developmental Biology); 128/187 (Cell Biology)
Online ISSN: 1440-169X
Recently Published Articles
- From neuron to behavior: Sensory-motor coordination of zebrafish turning behavior
Keiko Umeda and Wataru Shoji
Version of Record online: 21 MAR 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/dgd.12345
In zebrafish escape turning behavior, supra-spinal and intra-spinal circuits are differently activated depending on input quantity from mechanosensory neurons. The sensory neurons also recognize position information of stimulus, to control the escape pathway by regulating the strength of body curvature in the first turning movement.
- Establishment and growth responses of Nile tilapia embryonic stem-like cell lines under feeder-free condition (pages 83–93)
Zhenhua Fan, Linyan Liu, Xiaohuan Huang, Yang Zhao, Linyan Zhou, Deshou Wang and Jing Wei
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/dgd.12341
Nile tilapia ES-like cell line (TES1) has been successfully developed under feeder-free culture condition, which retains stable growth for over 200 days with more than 59 passages. TES1 cells have pluripotency and differentiation potential in vitro and in vivo.
- Does MAX open up a new avenue for meiotic research? (pages 61–69)
Ayumu Suzuki, Masataka Hirasaki and Akihiko Okuda
Version of Record online: 20 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/dgd.12344
Schematic representation of Max-centered model of mutual exclusiveness between mitosis and meiosis in mammals.
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 promotes osteogenic differentiation and collagen I alpha 2 synthesis via induction of mRNA-binding protein LARP6 expression (pages 94–103)
Yue Guo, Chen-Yi Tang, Xiao-Fei Man, Hao-Neng Tang, Jun Tang, Ci-La Zhou, Shu-Wen Tan, Min Wang, Yun-Zhi Feng and Hou-De Zhou
Version of Record online: 17 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/dgd.12342
IGF1 promotes primary osteoblast differentiation and Col1a2 expression. IGF1 induces LARP6 expression. LARP6 regulates Col1a2 expression and primary osteoblast differentiation.
- Regulation of adipose-tissue-derived stromal cell orientation and motility in 2D- and 3D-cultures by direct-current electrical field (pages 70–82)
Gang Yang, Haiyan Long, Xiaomei Ren, Kunlong Ma, Zhenghua Xiao, Ying Wang and Yingqiang Guo
Version of Record online: 10 FEB 2017 | DOI: 10.1111/dgd.12340
Cell alignment plays a critical role in a variety of cell behavior, including cytoskeleton reorganization, membrane-protein relocation, nuclear gene expression, and extracellular matrix remodeling. Direct current electric field (EF) in vitro can direct many cell types to align vertically to EF vector direction. In this work, we investigated the EF effect on adipose-tissue-derived stromal cell orientation and motility in 2D- and 3D-cultures.