© Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology
Edited By: Peter G. Kerr
Impact Factor: 1.864
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2013: 37/75 (Urology & Nephrology)
Online ISSN: 1440-1797
Peter Kerr Biography
Graduated from Monash University in 1980
Trained in Nephrology at Prince Henry’s Hospital Melbourne and Austin Hospital and achieved his PhD in transplant immunology at Prince Henry’s Hospital under Bob Atkins.
In 1991 Peter decided to focus within haemodialysis, working exclusively under Charles Mion in Montpellier, France. Since then Peter has been involved in haemodialysis at a clinical, research, teaching and administrative level.
Peter has been involved in a large number of clinical trials, including company trials, local investigator initiated trials and national trials networks. On-going research interests include dialysis access, nutrition in CRF and dialysis, bone and mineral metabolism, cardiovascular disease and vascular calcification in renal patients.
Peter is an active member of:
- The Scientific Advisory Board for the Australian Nephrology Clinical Trials Network
- Editorial board member of Hemodialysis International
- Australian representative on the council of the International Society for Hemodialysis
- Council member of the Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology
- The Council of the International Society of Nephrology
Since 2006: Professor/Director – Dept of Nephrology, Monash Medical Centre.