The Journal of Industrial Economics
© John Wiley & Sons Ltd and the Editorial Board of the Journal of Industrial Economics
Edited By: Managing Editor: Patrick Legros. Editors: Heski Bar-Isaac, Alessandro Gavazza, Justin P. Johnson, Alan Sorensen, Andrew Sweeting
Impact Factor: 1.058
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2015: 42/94 (Business Finance); 135/345 (Economics)
Online ISSN: 1467-6451
Aims and Scope
First published in 1952 (front page of the first issue), the Journal of Industrial Economics has a wide international circulation and is recognized as a leading journal in the field. It was founded to promote the analysis of modern industry, particularly the behaviour of firms and the functioning of markets. Contributions are welcomed in all areas of industrial economics: including organization of industry; applied oligopoly theory; product differentiation and technical change; theory of the firm and internal organization; regulation, monopoly, merger and technology policy. These subjects may often draw on adjacent areas such as international economics, labour economics and law, but it is not the goal of this journal to publish papers that would better fit in specialized journals in these other fields.
The Journal of Industrial Economics has a tradition of publishing a blend of theory and evidence. Theoretical papers are welcomed and should be presented so as to highlight their implications for policy and/or empirical analysis. Likewise, empirical papers should have a sound theoretical base; and where novel econometric techniques are applied these should be clearly explained. Case studies should be motivated by, and inform, economic theory and should avoid pure description.
The Editors are ready to publish exceptionally shorter notes which report significant new data or results, or are short comments on subjects which have featured in previous issues of the Journal. Notes appear in the contents of the printed version but the full text appears only in the online version of the Journal.
Books are not reviewed, but substantial review articles will be considered for publication.
Please click here to view the Journal of Industrial Economics Editorial Web page.
economics, industrial, journal, industry, markets, firms, analysis, economic, organization, applied, oligopoly, product, differentiation, theory, monopoly, regulation, merger, technical, development, research, periodical, article, review
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ABI/INFORM Database (ProQuest)
- Business ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- EconLit (AEA)
- Emerald Management Reviews (Emerald)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- PAIS: Public Affairs Information Service (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)