Plant Biotechnology Journal
© 2013 Society for Experimental Biology, Association of Applied Biologists and John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Edited By: Henry Daniell
Impact Factor: 6.279
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2012: 9/197 (Plant Sciences); 12/160 (Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology)
Online ISSN: 1467-7652
Recently Published Issues
Virtual and Special Issues
Here are some of the most recent virtual and special issues from the journal:
Special Issue: Metabolic Engineering
In this special issue, the editors bring together a selection of papers which highlight the importance of metabolic engineering to a wide range of applications within plant science.
Special Issue: Next Generation Sequencing Technologies
The last 5 years have seen a revolution in next-generation DNA sequencing, with plant researchers readily adopting the technology to decipher the structure and function of plant genomes. This special edition aims to capture the latest developments in plant biotechnology driven by advances in DNA sequencing technology.
This collection of papers is, in the PBJ editors' view, a convenient synthesis of what has been published in the field in recent years, and a useful working basis for what is to come next.
News and Announcements
- 2012 Impact Factor is 6.279
- Plant Biotechnology Journal has appointed new Editor in Chief Henry Daniell
- Average time from Submission to First Decision - 19 days!
- Free Access in the Developing World
- Articles Published Online Ahead of Issue
- F1000 Faculty Member Laura Privalle recommends the Plant Biotechnology Journal article 'Field trials and tribulations-making sense of the regulations for experimental field trials of transgenic crops in Europe.'Click here to read the review.
- Plant Biotechnology Journal is sponsoring Chloroplast Biotechnology - 3rd International Symposium on Chloroplast Genomics and Genetic Engineer. 8/5/2013 » 11/5/2013. Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Plant Biotechnology Journal in the news: Precision BioSciences Announces Publication of Cotton Genome Engineering in Collaboration with Bayer CropScience. Read the article behind the press release here.
Recent Review Papers
The following recent review papers are free to download:
Engineering nitrogen use efficient crop plants: the current statusChandra H. McAllister, Perrin H. Beatty, Allen G. Good
Genetic modification; the development of transgenic ornamental plant varieties
Stephen F. Chandler, Cory Sanchez
TILLING in extremis
Trevor L. Wang, Cristobal Uauy, Fran Robson, Brad Till
An intellectual property sharing initiative in agricultural biotechnology: development of broadly accessible technologies for plant transformation
Cecilia L. Chi-Ham, Sara Boettiger, Rosa Figueroa-Balderas, Sara Bird, Josef N. Geoola, Pablo Zamora, Monica Alandete-Saez, Alan B. Bennett
Field trials and tribulations—making sense of the regulations for experimental field trials of transgenic crops in Europe
Sonia Gómez-Galera, Richard M. Twyman, Penelope A.C. Sparrow, Bart Van Droogenbroeck, René Custers, Teresa Capell, Paul Christou
Genome modifications in plant cells by custom-made restriction enzymes
Tzvi Tzfira, Dan Weinthal, Ira Marton, Vardit Zeevi, Amir Zuker, Alexander Vainstein