© International Association for the Study of Obesity
Obesity Reviews is the official reviews journal of the World Obesity Federation, which links over 50 regional and national associations with over 10,000 professional members.
A special discounted subscription rate is available to individuals who are members of any of the national or regional associations which are members of World Obesity (WO). Please visit the 'World Obesity Journals' page to view the discounted rates and subscribe.
Obesity Reviews is the highest ranked obesity journal by Impact Factor (ISI Journal Citation Reports).
Aims and Scope
Obesity Reviews is a monthly journal publishing reviews on all disciplines related to obesity and its comorbidities. This includes basic and behavioral sciences, clinical treatment and outcomes, epidemiology, prevention and public health. The journal should, therefore, appeal to all professionals with an interest in obesity and its comorbidities. Review types may include systematic narrative reviews, quantitative meta-analyses and narrative reviews but all must offer new insights, critical or novel perspectives that will enhance the state of knowledge in the field. Prevalence studies that compare (review) trends across countries or regions or across ethnic groups or relevant subpopulations and provide novel insights and/or conclusions will be considered. The journal also invites short reviews presenting original or challenging theories, hypotheses or alternative interpretations of findings. Case reports presenting important and novel information and Letters to the Editor are also welcome. The journal will contribute to education and inter-professional developments by planning pro and con reviews on current controversies.
The editorial policy is to publish high quality peer-reviewed manuscripts that provide needed new insight into all aspects of obesity and its related comorbidities while minimizing the period between submission and publication.
Obesity Reviews is the official reviews journal of the World Obesity Federation. A special subscription rate is available for individuals who are members of their national associations under the umbrella of WO.
Endocrinologists, cardiologists, gastroenterologists, nutritionists, paediatricians, obstetricians, rheumatologists, general practitioners, surgeons, funding bodies and policy makers with interests in obesity
Obesity, obese, overweight, body-weight, weight, body fat, waist circumference, type 2 diabetes, leptin, adipocytes, cholesterol, metabolism, metabolic syndrome, diet, dietary, dietary intake, over-eating, nutrition, weight gain, anti-obesity, adipokines, weight loss, physical activity, gastric banding, bariatric surgery, reviews, Obesity Reviews, journal, World Obesity, International Association for the Study of Obesity.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Agricultural Engineering Abstracts (CABI)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- Current Contents: Clinical Medicine (Thomson Reuters)
- Dairy Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Food Science & Technology Abstracts™ (IFIS)
- Global Health (CABI)
- HEED: Health Economic Evaluations Database (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Index Veterinarius (CABI)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- Leisure Tourism Database (CABI)
- Leisure, Recreation & Tourism Abstracts (CABI)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series A: Human & Experimental (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts & Reviews Series B: Livestock Feeds & Feeding (CABI)
- Potato Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic & Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Soybean Abstracts Online (CABI)
- Sugar Industry Abstracts (CABI)
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin (CABI)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)