Asian Journal of Social Psychology
© Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd, Asian Association of Social Psychology and Beijing Normal University
Edited By: Emiko Kashima and Susumu Yamaguchi
Impact Factor: 0.623
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 57/62 (Psychology Social)
Online ISSN: 1467-839X
Psychosocial ramifications of the 2008 Beijing Olympics
Guest edited by Li Liu (刘力) and Ying-yi Hong (康螢儀)
Have the Beijing Olympics changed Chinese people's views of their own past and future, and their perceptions and relations toward other countries? In an attempt to answer this question, the papers in this special section ask a number of further questions, such as:
• Did the Olympics increase Chinese people's competitiveness towards their Asian neighbors?
• Did Chinese and Americans view the Olympics differently? What are the implications for Sino-American relations?
• What were the psychological processes underlying Beijing residents' unprecedented rate of volunteering during the Games?
• How did the Olympics affect mainland and Hong Kong historical representations and future imaginations of China? How might these affect China's globalization?
• Are there key psychological processes that underlie these diverse questions?
Get all the answers to these questions right here:
Psychosocial ramifications of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games
Li Liu and Ying-yi Hong
Effects of boundary-permeated self and patriotism on social participation in the Beijing Olympic Games
Yiyin Yang, Manqi Chen, Wuqing Chen, Xiaoping Ying, Bing Wang, Junxiu Wang and Arnulf Kolstad
The good old days and a better tomorrow: Historical representations and future imaginations of China during the 2008 Olympic Games
Shirley Y. Y. Cheng, Melody Manchi Chao, Jessica Kwong, Siqing Peng, Xia Chen, Yoshihisa Kashima and Chi-yue Chiu
From international sports to international competition: Longitudinal study of the Beijing Olympic Games
Yan-mei Li, Isao Sakuma, Koji Murata, Yoshitsugu Fujishima, Wei-min Cheng, Cheng-xi Zhai, Fang Wang, Reiko Yamashita, Tomoko Oe and Jiyoon Kim
One World, just a dream? Effects of the Beijing Olympic icon on perceived differences between Eastern and Western culture
Jennifer L. Rosner, Yanmei Li, Melody Manchi Chao and Ying-yi Hong