Australian Economic Review
© The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research
Edited By: Ross Williams (Managing Editor), Paul H. Jensen and Ian McDonald
Impact Factor: 0.348
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 276/333 (Economics)
Online ISSN: 1467-8462
Who We Are
The Melbourne Institute is Australia's leading and longest standing research institute in the field of economics, undertaking cutting-edge research into key issues relevant to contemporary economic and social policy.
The Melbourne Institute will enhance the wellbeing of Australians by:
• being the world's leading research institute on the Australian economy and society; and
• contributing its knowledge to Australian public policy debates and development; and
• providing commentary on the Australian economy and society. The Melbourne Institute also aspires to be internationally renowned for its expertise and contributions to knowledge in selected key research areas that are of widespread international relevance.
In pursuing this vision, the Melbourne Institute's mission is:
• undertake and publish high-quality independent and impartial applied research on major policy-relevant economic and social issues in Australia
• foster informed discussion and debate about public policy in Australia;
• contribute to the international literature in selected key research areas that are of international relevance;
• provide highly valued research services, publications, datasets and products for government, business and community groups; and
• provide research training through an internationally recognised PhD program.
Principles and Values
We aspire to the highest academic and ethical standards in all of our work; and we protect confidential information.
We build relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
We value our staff and seek to create a workplace that is stimulating, collaborative and free of harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are politically non-aligned, impartial and independent.