Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
© Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society Inc
Edited By: John Rolfe, Lin Crase, John Tisdell
Impact Factor: 1.067
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 7/17 (Agricultural Economics & Policy); 131/333 (Economics)
Online ISSN: 1467-8489
The Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society (AARES) was founded as the Australian Agricultural Economics Society in 1957. Its principal aim is to encourage research, discussion, extension and policy evaluation in areas related to Australian agriculture, food, natural resources and economic development.
The major activities of the Society are:
- publishing the Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- holding an annual internationally-attended conference, plus workshops and symposia
- encouraging and facilitating branch activities
- encouraging and facilitating attendance at the triennial congress of the International Association of Agricultural Economists
- awarding annual prizes for academic achievement and the best article in AJARE, and
- publishing the AARES 'News and Views' newsletter for members and an online membership directory.
AARES is pleased to announce the creation of its branch in North America.