© Political Studies Association
Edited By: Cees van der Eijk, Vivien Lowndes, Christopher Pierson and Mark Wenman
Impact Factor: 0.939
ISI Journal Citation Reports © Ranking: 2014: 59/161 (Political Science)
Online ISSN: 1467-9248
Associated Title(s): The British Journal of Politics & International Relations, Political Insight, Political Studies Review, Politics
Political Studies is a leading international journal committed to the very highest standards of peer review that publishes academically rigorous and original work in all fields of politics and international relations. The editors encourage a pluralistic approach to political science and debate across the discipline. Political Studies aims to develop the most promising new work available and to facilitate professional communication in political science.
Political Studies ReviewPolitical Studies' sister publication, Political Studies Review provides unrivalled review coverage of new books and literature on political science and related themes.
Visit the Political Studies website for details of the full range of scholarly activities offered.
Aims and Scope
Political Studies is a leading international journal, which is committed to publishing high-quality research in all areas of politics and international relations. The journal publishes rigorous and original work of significance to the discipline broadly defined. The journal’s editorial approach is not constrained by any particular methodological or theoretical framework and the editors wish to encourage a pluralistic approach to the discipline and debate among the different approaches. The editors particularly welcome submissions which aim to be innovative in their approach, which cross traditional disciplinary boundaries, which reconsider the relationship between the domestic and international politics, or which offer fresh comparative perspectives. The journal is committed to the very highest standards of peer reviewing, to developing the most promising new work available, and to facilitating professional communication in political science.
All issues of Political Studies back to volume 1 are now available online - click here to read!
EarlyView: Articles accepted for publication in Political Studies are published online as and when they are ready, prior to their ultimate inclusion in a print issue. These are fully corrected and complete articles, which can be cited by DOI - click here to read current articles in EarlyView!
political, studies, politics, science, analysis, quarterly, parliament, government, debate, party, conservative, new, labour, election, electoral, democracy, legislation, law, education, philosophy, social, journal, research, article, review, book, theory
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Academic Search (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Alumni Edition (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Elite (EBSCO Publishing)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO Publishing)
- America: History & Life (EBSCO Publishing)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (ProQuest)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (ProQuest)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson Reuters)
- Ecology Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Historical Abstracts (EBSCO Publishing)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- InfoTrac (GALE Cengage)
- International Political Science Abstracts (IPSA)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson Reuters)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- PAIS: Public Affairs Information Service (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Discovery (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Platinum (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Research Library (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Social Science Journals (ProQuest)
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson Reuters)
- Social Services Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Sociological Abstracts (ProQuest)
- Sociological Collection (EBSCO Publishing)
- Studies on Women & Gender Abstracts (T&F)
- Worldwide Political Sciences Abstracts (ProQuest)